“Visit St. Croix” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frederiksted

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Long Beach, New York
“Visit St. Croix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2005

My husband and I recently went to St. Croix 12/3/05-12/11/05. It was much nicer than I expected. We stayed at VI Guest House in Federiksted. It's a 3 bedroom/2 bath house very close to the beach. This town is still rebuilding since a big hurricane hit years ago. The pier is almost done; it won't be long before cruise ships return (I hope for their sake)
This island is very low key. There’s really no need to "dress up" to go to dinner which I'm accustom to doing living in NY.

My favorite restaurant was Le St. Tropez in Frederiksted, Olivier the chef is amazing. You will no doubt find the best onion soup you will ever have in your life here. (I went 3x just to have it) Everything we ate was fantastic. Danielle the owner is a doll, and so are the twin waitresses Pam & Pat. This place is a must go. Blue Moon is another great place in Federiksted across the street from the pier. On Fri & Sat they have live entertainment. The food is a little pricey but the portions are huge. For great pizza go see Sara at Lost Dog, it's a great local hang out (also in Federiksted)

We took a full day tour to Buck Island with Big Beard, we had a great time and just happen to meet a bunch of people who lived on the Island, a lot of them worked at Savant a restaurant in Christiansted which has absolutely delicious food a must go as well.

Beaches-We wanted to hit a different beach everyday but we ended up finding our favorite on the west side of the island close to our house, Sand Castle on the Beach, they let us use their lounge chairs for free and they have a great restaurant. We ate lunch their almost every day (Allison is such a sweetheart) Dinner is also great their because of the sunsets. (By the way one of the islands Web Cams is located here) Divi & Buccaneer are nice beaches with calm waters, Carambola- It took FOREVER to get to this resort but it was scenically the best I saw, lush green, nice sand BUT the water was so rough I couldn't even get in it and the sand was blowing all over the place, hence I lasted there 10 minutes. We went back to the beach on the west end, LOL. We can't wait to go back and visit all the friends we made!

Been to Frederiksted? Share your experiences!