“Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual beachfront restaurant bar with a cool vibe, amazing food & friendly staff. Build your own burgers from plain Jane to gourmet, big salads & fresh fish. Sunday/Funday brunch with live reggae every Sunday during season, monthly during summer.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

My husband and I both had the breakfast burrito and the banana blaster to drink. We could have split it. Lovely people. Good view. Really good experience.

New York City, New York
“Lazy kitchen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015 NEW via mobile

Over the years I could associate the word consistent with eat at cane bay. The previous owners sold a very successful business and the current owners are doing a spectacular job of running it into the ground. Over the past couple weeks the bar has been out of countless beers and zucchini fries that pale in comparison to their former versions. We decided on brunch since it was once a very pleasant experience. What I received was the saddest excuse for an eggs Benedict I have ever seen, the hollandaise was broken and the home fries were grossly over seasoned. When I sent it back the server told me that it was the last of the hollandaise sauce with 2 hours of brunch service remaining. The server suggested that I order something else from the menu but I declined. If the cooks are too lazy to whip together 4 ingredients, egg yolks, clarified butter, lemon and salt probably totaling around 5 dollars then why would I trust them with with anything else? It's apparent that neither the owners or manager care much about one of the cornerstones the previous owners took pride in, consistency. Why on earth the kitchen would send out a half assed version of a brunch classic is beyond me and it clearly shows they have little or no ethics when it comes to food preparation. No more roasted turkey, out of bacon, broccoli the size of my fist thrown into a bland omelet! The new owners clearly have no idea what they are doing and should just sell the place and move on before they loose all their money and the place goes into foreclosure or someone should be on standby because before too long you'll be able to buy a beach bar in a great location for a fraction of the cost. All the new owners had to do was not screw up what was once a well oiled irie machine but have somehow figured out the perfect way to do just that.

Christiansted, St. Croix
“Sad to see great island bar fall so far”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015 NEW

I have lived on this and visitedb for over six years now. EAT has been a staple for quite a while. I have tried to continue supporting them even after owners changed. Unfortunately, I have seen service and quality of food and drink decline with each visit.
My wife and I went out for brunch there last week and it will probably be our even though we frequently the beach there often. The food was not good. The hollandaise sauce was thin, broken and had no flavor. I usually make a great breakfast burger with egg, bacon and jalapenos. When I got my burger is then informed they were out of bacon. Not a great item to be out of for brunch, especially when plaza is over the hill with coolers full of bacon. Just shows how much the team there cares.
The drinks were also bad. It took almost 15 minutes to get our first round as the bartender was too busy evidently. When he did make the drinks he was sure to make himself one too as we watched him pour it out to himself. I've always liked their bushwacker and my wife loves their Cane Bay coffee. This guy didn't know how to make either. He works every Sunday so you would figure sooner or later he would learn them.
I'm writing this review especially for all the people who come down and visit. Don't expect a good experience at this location anymore. Pack your cooler and stay at the beach.

Channel Islands Harbor, ca
“Beautiful beach views.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015 NEW

Great, fun staff. Cold beers. Perfect place for a pit stop. One could easily pass it but BUT DON'T. There is a nice dive shop behind the restaurant and the beach seems to be a place the locals hang on Sunday.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Incredible view, Awesome Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

I ate several meals here during my stay in St. Croix. The view is absolutely incredible. I caught some of the most gorgeous sunsets while eating dinner here. They have a wide selection of food. The build your own burgers and salads are great options. And the food shots were awesome. There is a wide selection of mixed tropical drinks and beers. The bartenders and servers are attentive and make sure you have everything you need. Mary - the new manager checked in on us several times and was a pleasure to talk with. I would highly recommend checking this place out!

I ate here for lunch twice and several times for dinner.

• Visited March 2015