“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Casual beachfront restaurant bar with a cool vibe, amazing food & friendly staff. Build your own burgers from plain Jane to gourmet, big salads & fresh fish. Sunday/Funday brunch with live reggae every Sunday during season, monthly during summer.
Frederiksted, St. Croix
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

We went for a.late lunch/early dinner. Amazing burgers. They alway have specials listed and a burger of the month. I had the best veggie burger I have ever eaten in my life! They give you the recipe and it is unreal all the ingredients. There are new owners and they are doing a great job! Server was wonderful, very attentive but doesn't hover. Yes it is the slow time but still wonderful.

Michigan City, Indiana
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Good, interesting food. Great location. We went during a rainy day, and the owner let me change my clothes in the bathroom on the way back. Friendly people and a nice mellow place on the island.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Take your earplugs and leave the kids at home.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

We went to this place after reading many good reviews. We understand the owners have been there only a few months....they have some work to do. We went for Reggae Brunch. Rather a misnomer as there was no reggae and the "brunch" was just items listed on a blackboard. Do not expect a buffet, this is not what it is. I had lobster eggs benedict ($19) and it was very good. My husband had a lobster omelet (also $19). It had a lot of onions in it and he didn't care for that. Tropical drinks tasted a little watered down. It is an interesting restaurant and it is open to the air and a nice view of the beach and water. Our server was great...attentive and responsive. I would rate this place much higher except for one thing. There is a bar within the dining area. The bartender and guests at the bar played a dice game and were betting money. OK, that's alright. The problem was the bartender found it necessary to give a play by play commentary about the dice game...yelling so loudly he could surely be heard in the next county. Comments frequently laced with curse words, including the f word. This continued the ENTIRE time we were there. I'm not a prude but really? Is this the atmosphere that makes for a nice Sunday brunch? Even at a beachside place, it does not make for a pleasant experience. We did speak to the owners before leaving and they mentioned something about it being the "culture" on the island. Well, in the entire week we spent on St. Croix we did not find the same "culture" anywhere else. This is offensive and unnecessary. Hopefully the bartender's dice game was making a lot of money for the restaurant, because he certainly wasn't doing anything else for business. I won't go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carol A, Owner at Eat @ Cane Bay, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We very much appreciated you letting us know about your negative experience when you were there for Sunday brunch and need you to know that the bartender in question is no longer with us. The atmosphere created by the game at the bar was not one we will encourage. Thank you for the positive review of our other staff and food. You are right - we have a big job ahead of us to make eat @cane bay the kind of welcoming and professional establishment we've come to expect from a quality restaurant. We do hope that you will see for yourself the improvements we are working towards next time you are on island - your next brunch is on us if you'll let us.
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

This restaurant is definitely one of my main stops when I"m in St. Croix. I've never had a bad meal or bad service here and everything (including tropical drinks) have been great! I love the view, too, and the fact that I can relax on the beach and get food or drink by just walking across the street!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“A must stop for Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

This place is wonderful. A must stop for Brunch however, You need to make reservations or you will be waiting awhile. It is very popular for the locals and tourist. The food is wonderful and service is good. You wont be disappointed.

Visited January 2014