“Fabulous Wedding Catering” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Casual beachfront restaurant bar with a cool vibe, amazing food & friendly staff. Build your own burgers from plain Jane to gourmet, big salads & fresh fish. Sunday/Funday brunch with live reggae every Sunday during season, monthly during summer.
Leander, Texas
“Fabulous Wedding Catering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was in touch with Katherine P. for several months by email before our trip to St Croix. My husband and I got married at Sugary Bay House, and Katherine advised that she was familiar with the setup. After reviewing their online menu, I sent her my requests and she confirmed it would be no problem.

Katherine herself delivered our food. She brought everything in and immediately set herself up in the kitchen plating everything. She was super fast and friendly, knew where everything was, and didn't interfere with the rest of the wedding setup. On top of the great service, the food was a-maze-ing. Duck in phyllo dough? Couldn't get enough. Pork belly bites with maple-rum sauce? Heaven. Rum cake and bread pudding with caramel sauce? Delicious. The veggie plate was crispy, colorful, and full of variety. We absolutely could not have asked for a better spread of food and every single bite was phenomenal.

If ever we do make it back to St Croix, I would love to have a nice relaxing meal at their beachfront restaurant. As for the catering service, I doubt we could have received better elsewhere, and if I had to do it all over again they'd be my number one choice. Thanks, Eat@CaneBay !!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Katherine P, Owner at Eat @ Cane Bay, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed everything so much, and so grateful you took the time to let everyone know about our catering services:) I hope the rest of your trip to STX was as seamless. All the best & congratulations newlywed!

“The best on St. Croix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite place to eat on St. Croix and We eat here several times a month. We had guests visit this past week and ended up there 4 times because, like us, they fell in love with the combination of excellent food and a perfect island atmosphere. Props to Katherine and Frank for giving us this gem of a restaurant. Highly recommend the salads, food shots, daily specials, and Sunday brunch (and the turkey burgers when they have them).

Visited December 2013
Return visits are our greatest compliments! Thanks for your continued patronage and encouragement!
Carbondale, Illinois
“We built-a-better-burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was our 4th trip to St. Croix, so we have a pretty good idea of what we like to do.

The last time we visited St. Croix we scheduled a kayak expedition with Virgin Kayaks (which was, incidentally, an awesome experience) and when we returned, went next door to Eat@ Cane Bay for a late but great lunch. This recent trip was similar. We took another expedition with Virgin Kayaks (this time to the bio luminescent bay, was was totally awesome) and then went next door to Eat@Cane Bay for a late dinner. We were promptly greeted by the host who was also the bartender, who gave us menus, took our drink order, explained how the "build a burger" system works, and told us our server would be right with us. Meredith was our server, and she was not only efficient but personable, and chatted with us between helping other customers. My wife did the "build-a burger", and it was delicious. She commented that it might have been the best burger EVER! I ordered fish and chips, and they were delicious, too!

Price for two delicious entrees, four beers, AND a tip was $50, well worth it, we'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We sincerely hope you do come back! Thanks for taking the time to give us a awesome review!
Shelton, Connecticut
“Can't-miss food and fun spot in Cane Bay. Go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Aside from our hotel, this is the only place we ate at twice during our week-long Nov 2013 trip to STX. Really nice fun atmosphere with great servers and bartenders. Like most in Cane Bay, open air seating, so it felt really nice. I did the build-a-burger both times we were there. They were really excellent both times. If you have a chance to eat at one place in Cane Bay, this would be my first choice hands-down. The beach is right across the street, you can't ask for a better scene. If we ever venture back I would make it a point to try to stop here again, for sure. You'll love it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the great recommendation, we hope you do make it back to the north shore!
Knightdale, North Carolina
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

On our last day on St. Croix we wanted to have a nice brunch as our flight back didn't leave until 3:30 local time. We had read and heard lots of positive things about Eat. We arrived and with a party of 9 on a very busy morning, they were having their Reggae Brunch, were immediately seated. The restaurant is open on all sides and feels like you are eating in one of the huts from Gilligan's Island. But in a very authentic way, in no way cheesy or contrived. You can look out over the bay and feel the breeze come in. "Scenic" doesn't do it justice. We got drinks and enjoyed the scenery while we waited on our food. There is a diving service that also operates out of the same real estate and we saw several parties either heading out or back in from a dive which really added to the experience. The breakfast menu looked very typical with some Carribean extras thrown in for flair. They had two specials that morning, a Mahi Sandwich which one of our party got and Lobster and Mushroom Eggs Benedict which I and a few others in our party ordered. I was told the Mahi was cooked perfectly. The Lobster Eggs Benedict was phenomenal. The hollandaise was excellent. The only other place I can think of that had Benedict this good was a 5 star restaurant in New Orleans. My son got chicken and waffles. It had two healthy sized Belgian Waffles and three fried chicken wings. He ate the entire thing. I think that speaks for itself. The waitstaff were all super friendly and I don't know if she was an owner or a manager on duty greeted us personally to ensure everything was ok. She was very friendly and encouraged us to come back on our next visit to St. Croix, which we certainly will. I think it will be a regular event on the morning we leave to go for brunch. Everything was fantastic!

katastic, Owner at Eat @ Cane Bay, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We LOVE this review! Thanks so much! Glad the whole family enjoyed, see you on your next trip to STX.