“Great Deli - great for GF!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Great Deli - great for GF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Turtle's Deli was amazing! Not only a great sandwich for an Island but a great sandwich for everywhere. My family loved all the sandwiches that they got but the treat for me is that they make amazing GF sandwiches! The GF bread is amazing, tasted like regular bread! Such a treat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice, uniquely made to order deli sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We've visited St Croix every year for the past 3 years to visit my husband's family and I've always wanted to try Turtle's but never did.
Well, this time around I finally did and was not desapointed! I've added this place as one of the few places worth eating in, in all of St Croix.

The prices might seem a bit high for a deli but considering the high prices in the island, the taste, plus their sandwiches are a really nice size, it's actually worth it :-)

I got the Italian sandwich and the Curry Chicken for my husband. We were both really satisfied with one half and had to save the other half for later :-)

OOB
“Sunset view, tasty seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location to watch sun set over ocean. Get there at 6:25 and sit at a table overlooking ocean. Good mahi tacos, shrimp scampi.

Visited March 2014
uk/usa
“good sandwich place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

recently moved to st.croix. been to turtle's for lunch a couple times. located on a section of the island with beautiful water, good sand beach with easy non-rock access to water. sandwiches very good, made to order with whatever you want on them but chips, drinks etc are a la carte! about $11 a sandwich plus extras.

Visited March 2014
Vicenza, Italy
“Nice Lunch Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very good and unique sandwiches with generous portion sizes. We were a bit disappointed that the price of $11 for a sandwich did not include chips or anything with it, but those prices may be normal for St. Croix. Since we were on a cruise I think I would have rather eaten lunch on the boat, but if I were vacationing in St. Croix I would have it on my list of places to try. The outdoor seating has a beautiful view.

Tip: We had trouble locating it at first thinking we must have passed it but it is located beyond all of the shops in town on Strand St. Eventually you will see a little archway with a path leading to the deli along the shore. All of the locals know where it is at.

• Visited February 2014