“Awesome sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Awesome sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were visiting Fredriksted on vacation and had heard about Turtle's and decided to give it a try for lunch. The food was outstanding. It is a small place featuring only outside dining. It is covered but there is a breathtaking view of the water. We actually were there during a couple of brief rain storms but we stayed dry under the roof and still were able to enjoy the view. Turtle's is a sandwich place, period. They have about 20 different sandwiches on their menu and there were three specials the day we went. I got the Ultimate Club and when I got it, it had to be close to two pounds of sandwich. Home made wheat bread that was hand sliced when I ordered and ample portions of turkey, ham and I swear a quarter pound of bacon. I couldn't finish the whole thing and took the rest to go. They have soft drinks and beer in the cooler on the honor system and you pay when you are finished. The sandwiches are a little pricier than what you would pay in the states but for the individual care in the making and the sheer size and quality it is well worth every penny. I'll keep this on my short list of places to go back to on my next visit. For a lunch while you are exploring Fredriksted you cannot go wrong here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tonosi, Panama
“Best deli in the VI!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Turtle's is so delicious! Try any one of their specialties or create your own. Order ahead to go or eat there. Located right on the beach in town in Frederiksted, this is a tranquilo spot with Boar's Head deli meat and cheese, quality bread, and pickles! Their sandwiches are so large they always last me two meals.

Visited February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Beautiful view, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is NOT for Turtles Deli. It is FOR Turtles After Dark which is located on top of Turtles Deli. I tried to submit a Tripadvisor search for it but it did not work. Anyway, this restaurant would be a very fun place when busy. It is open air and has a great ocean/beach view. We had a beautiful sunset while there. They have a full bar too. Check out their specials each day on their board. We were there for all you can eat pasta. Friday was lobster dinner for $25. I wish we had gone that day but tried another place. I did have shrimp Alfredo with grilled veggies. It was extremely good but very rich. I could not eat much of it. The shrimp was superb and cooked perfectly. My husband had chicken parmesan with pasta. He enjoyed his as well. Service was good as we were the only people there. It was a very casual place but with a menu from sandwiches to lobster and steak so you could get something in all price ranges. Never did visit downstairs in the deli. We heard it was good too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Turtles Deli = Great Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

When it comes to making select gourmet sandwiches, Turtles Deli is the place to eat. Hands Down!
They specialize in various imported meats and breads, giving the customer the option to create almost any delectable meal imaginable.

My favorite sandwich is comprised of ingredients that have me feeling like I'm eating a stuffed-thanksgiving turkey with a side of cranberry sauce!!

The deli is located right on the shoreline giving you a view of Fredericksted's oceanfront, while basking in the Caribbean breeze. Turtles = Sandwiches

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Turtles Deli = Great Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013