“Great food and setting” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, Café, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Enjoy our beautiful, open-air, seaside terrace restaurant offering cuisine to satiate discriminating palates in a romantic Caribbean setting. Picture yourself looking out into the horizon from your beach side table and watching the spectacular sunset each and every day! Dining at the Beach Side Cafe is truly an extraordinary experience. Lunches are casual, breezy, and scrumptious, and dinner is simply a magical moment wrapped up into a perfect evening. The Iguana Lounge features daily Happy Hour specials and small plates to accompany your favorite cocktail and join us for live local music every Saturday night.
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Great food and setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Have enjoyed a lunch and a dinner here over the past year. Food and service were very good both times. And the seaside location can't be beat.

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Dreadful service, average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

The view of the beach is wonderful. However the food quality is average at best. My rare hamburger, for example, was the most overlooked burger I have had the misfortune to eat. However it was the service quality which is the worst. Service was slow throughout. The check at the end was incorrect by two dollars - for a diet coke I didn't get, as they had run out of all diet drinks, but still charged me for my initial order. It then took thirty minutes(!) to get a correct check, as the very polite waitress had to get the new check approved by her manager, who ignored us as she talked to guests at another table. Best avoided despite the view.

St. Croix
“Great Food, Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Awesome food and view for Christmas Dinner but the dinner started out poorly when they didn't have our reservation and sat us at a table that was not yet set. From there we waited for a server. Things started going smoothly but then our very sweet server quickly brought out each course, sometimes before the dishes were cleared from the course before. Then she quickly brought the check before we were finished with dessert and never even asked us if we wanted anything else. I understand that she may have been flustered but I expect to be treated a little better when I pay $100 for two people.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“magical view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Super restaurant varied, breathtaking views, Suel little regret and service a little slow and the prices are correct.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The best ambiance, taste and people on St Croix.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to St Croix for 11 years and am well versed in the restaraunt choices the island has to offer. I have grown used to mediocre food, slow service and few and everchanging choices year after year, satisfying but nothing special. The Beachside cafe at Sandcastle on the Beach resort is a breath of fresh air with a comprehensive menu and wonderful nightly specials that tantalize the tastebuds. I have eaten there the last 3 days sampling everything from breakfast to dessert and have yet to be even slightly dissapointed. The chicken cordon bleu sandwich for lunch was moist and had thick hand cut ham on it, banana rum french toast for brunch was on a croissant and featured fresh bananas and almonds, for dinner every evening was delicious but tonight was a special of seared steak tips on a bed of pasta with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and a delectable sauce topped with parmesan and blue cheese...the taste was phenomenal. My compliments to the chef. Now the armosphere is my dream, feet from the soft waves of the caribbean sea with blue waters and a sea breeze wafting over your table...you can not beat the ambiance and view ...only complimented by a libation from thier full bar. The service is also a joy with personable and well versed servers and owners. As for value the prices may be considered a bit more than some people want to spend but I assure you in this case you get what you pay for ten fold and personally I thought the pricing was spot on. Do yourself a favor and visit this wonderful gem on St Croix. I wish them the very best. KR

• 5 of 5 stars Food