“Great Local Flavor” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Texas
“Great Local Flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just returned from a week on the island. Dinner at Villa Morales was at least as good as some other restaurants that were twice the price. The waitress was very helpful-she warned us off of the fried fish and let us know some of the desserts were brought in. Our group had Mahi, goat, fried chicken and mussels and everyone enjoyed their entries. We had desserts made on the premises and these were good as well. We would return, especially if we were on the west side of the island.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Massachusetts
“Amazing authentic island food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our party tried the conch, goat and mahi. All the dishes were truly excellent. Such an excellent meal and its a small family run restaurant. Kudos - we are definitely returning again on this same trip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“great food, nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

A little out of the way, but a very popular restaurant. Everyone on the island knows where it is so finding it shouldn't be hard. Make a reservation if you think it will be busy.
We've been there three times during our several vacations on the island. The first time was with a party of 12 and the service was so slow (>1 hour wait before the first food appeared) that we passed on going there again for a few years. Last two times it was much faster - but be prepared to wait for food at any restaurant on the island. People work slowly and are not in a rush. Consequently, whatever you order will be very very good eating.
Try the stewed goat. This isn't a typical meal in the US, but I've had it a few times in the Virgin Islands and it has always been very tender, tasty, and with a great sauce.
The conch is also great, but I have mixed feelings about divers grabbing these gems from the reefs for human consumption - they are getting rarer to spot if you spend much time underwater.
This is one of the more expensive places to eat in this area of the island, but it's great for a special occasion.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
“A Real Mom and Pop Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

quiet little place off the beaten path. Authentic.Amazing conch in butter and whole red snapper They start cooking early in the week to be open Thurs, ,Fri. and Sat.

Visited February 2014
“Don't eat conch? Here you will...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My family and I were on vacation in st croix and this place was mentioned by some of the locals as a great place for dinner, boy were they right! This place was amazing!! Angie and JT are two great people that have owned this place for over 60 years and they know what they are doing. I had the butter conch and this being my first time to try conch I was a little more than nervous, but this was amazing!! I was told later the process is a tedious one but JT takes the time to make sure it is perfect. If you are a mojito fan this is the place to go. The handmade mojitos are the best I've had. My mother also got the beef spare ribs which were also delicious. Be sure to ask JT for some of his homemade hot sauce. I told him he should bottle it and sell it but I think he likes it being his own little secret!! My daughter was with us as well and as a four year old sometimes it's hard to find something she enjoys but she loved the Mac n cheese and the Johnny cakes!! If you are know you going to be in town be sure to call for a reservation, they get full fast, but it is worth every penny!!