“Great food and terrific people” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Dining options: Reservations
Islip Terrace, New York, United States
“Great food and terrific people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was my first visit to St. Croix and I was there visiting my brother and SIL who live there. They have been to Villa Morales many times and have a friend who is all but family to the owners. We all went together and even though its on the other side and end of the island from where they live it was certainly worth the drive.

Angie and JT, the owners, are the warmest, loveliest people who you can tell truly care about the guests and the complete experience. Not just the food and the drinks, but making sure everyone is enjoying themselves.

Within seconds of us sitting down our drink order was taken and JT was mixing them up, the board with that day's menu was brought over. I was looking forward to conch fritters but they weren't making them that day. We started with the tostones, which are fried plantain chips, they are somewhat bland but there were two types of dipping sauce and it made a nice appetizer.

My brother had the fried snapper, which is a whole pan friend fish, it was outstanding, but if you're not into picking the flesh off the bone I'd suggest you get something else.

My sil had the goat stew and their friend had the roast goat, as I had never had either I tried both and each was excellent, similar but different. I really enjoyed the taste of the goat which is similar in texture to beef but a totally different taste.

My husband and I both had the roast pork witch was also excellent, you could taste how fresh it was and wonderfully seasoned. You must get the seasoned rice, I'm not fond of rice as a general rule, but I finished every grain.

This restaurant is only open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 5-9pm, I think its 5 it might be six. Don't forget to make a reservation because this is very well known locals place and fills up fast.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Christiansted, St. Croix
“a local monument”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

If you get the chance, swing by here. Food comes in a variety of locales and cuisines, but all lovingly prepared and served. This is a cherished establishment for the island of St Croix.

And, as you might guess, you would be well-served to call ahead as it can be quite busy. 8^)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Some of the best food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Villa morales has some of the best Puerto Rican food I have ever tasted! The stewed beef was so tender and flavorful. The atmosphere is relaxed and the owners are friendly and warm. I definitely recommend this place!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“OUR FAVORITE CONCH RESTAURANT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Conch-in-butter to die for! Johnny Cakes like no other. Other local dishes are really good! This was the first restaurant I "hit" when I arrived on island. Angie, her husband, and staff are the best. Open days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday (at least when I was there in September) .

Visited September 2013
woodstock,ny
“Simply the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were in search of some true Island cuisine and we found it at Villa Morales. Each of us got a different plate so that we could share and taste...and just everything was delicious! Jen our waitress was super cool and very helpful. JT and Anige the owners graciously came to our table and introduced themselves which made our night complete! How many owners and chefs come out to your table to ask how everything was? Not as many as one would like!

Visited May 2013