“Good place to stay for cheap.” 3 of 5 stars

Holger Danske Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 King Cross Street, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Winter Park, Florida
“Good place to stay for cheap.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We arrived 07/26/2012 to the hotel. It was easy to find, but they have about 4-5 hotel spots to park and it is usually shared by the front desk employee. This is a small hotel and we didn't have any problem finding a parking. The 1st room was clean and a good size but the TV didn't work, We were immediately sent to another room, The 2nd room was slightly bigger, We had the standard double full size bed room. It came with a mini fridge and microwave, The internet wasn't working so now I have to allot to catch up with posting pictures for my family. But not a biggie. The cleaning service was awesome and honest! My suggestion here is that you find out who is your cleaning lady and give her the tip directly, You get what you pay for, but no big deal as we were out of the room early in the morning and didn't return until late, The island has plenty to keep you and family occupied. If you value your sleep I recommend you request a room farthest from Angry Nate's as it get loud on the week ends, THIS HOTEL is all about LOCATION!!! EVERYTHING is within walking distance in Christianstead. There is a washer, dryer, ice machine and a soda machine in room 201, I would recommend this place for a family, single couple or a group of friends.

Room Tip: For good sleep request the farthest room from Angry Nate's. Give your tip directly to the per...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is great! If you're looking for a great stay at a great price- this is the place to go. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about restaurants and things to do. The rooms were newly renovated and looks great. I have stayed in both the double and single rooms and they were both great. It is located in the town area and right around the corner from the seaplane. So as you get to STX you can go to the hotel. The staff works fast so there isnt a long wait for a clean room. I never had to wait- regardless of the time I check in. My last stay there was fabulous! I will be back again and again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was actually in Room 214 the first of June. Angry Nate's is right below but I wasn't bothered by noise. (The staff at Angry Nate's is very nice, by the way, and the food is good.) The hotel is older and certainly isn't a luxury resort, but the location is excellent and the front desk staff was extremely helpful and nice. The boardwalk was right outside my room so I could walk to a lot of restaurants. If you stay there, be sure to follow the boardwalk to the Avocado Pitt for breakfast. So all in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm a little bit at a loss for how much I want to review about this hotel, so I will keep it short and to the point...

- only 2 rooms worth staying in. Do NOT stay in 214.
- its loud... As in very! Cape Air planes, Angry Nates, and a couple of abominable, local roosters will keep your sleep to a minimum.
- shower pressure? There is none. (even though I can deal with that)
- management is nice and fair
- location? There are other hotels on the boardwalk.
- price? Good and reasonable for what you get
- safety? Fugdhedaboutit!!!

• Stayed April 2012
San Juan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room is simple but clean, it has a big balcony, a nice pool and is close to the boardwalk full of restaurants and where the night life is at ST Croix, I recommend to rent a car so you can explore the island the taxis are expensive and the best beaches are not in Christianted so is hardly recomend to rent a car. I've been to all US Virgin Islands and my favorite is St Johns, then St Thomas and St croix the last but it has nice stuff to offer. The hotel is good enough according to the price. I took groceries with me so I hardly spend food since I had there microwave and fridge. Is a little noisy because of the roosters in the mornings but coming from Puerto Rico that was not big deal to us.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with sea front view they are pretty!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were given this as a gift for our honeymoon and we were not disappointed. The room was clean, the ac worked well and the water was always hot. The bed was comfortable and the porch was beautiful. Yes the "view" we had was of 8 foot wooden fences, but they brought the island inside the fences with beautiful trees, plants, and flowers you can find all over the island. But really what does it matter your here to see the island not the view from the hotel. It isn't a magnificent resort, but it was a very nice hotel. The staff was super nice. Gave us ideas of things to do on the island where to go and how to get there. We rented a jeep (highly recommend) and seen everything we could that week. Angry Mates is the restaurant/bar connected to the hotel. The staff was really informative. Gave us a wonderful history of the island. The food was wonderful (and expensive) . I would not have changed one thing..

• Stayed April 2012
Hilton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This hotel is at a great location- right on the harbor walk. However, the only 2 rooms that have a view of the harbor are at the end, and they are above Angry Nate's bar (can be loud well into the night).
The room I had was nice- adequately accomodated, clean, modestly stocked.
Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holger Danske Hotel? Share your experiences!