My wife and I stayed here for a week in January. Everything about the place is exceptional: the rooms are spacious and very clean; the breakfasts are varied, hearty and good; the view toward the sea is lovely; the location, on the north shore west of Christiansted, is close to beaches, diving and snorkeling, and good restaurants (in particular Rowdy Joe's, one of the island's best) but is still quiet and secluded. There is a pretty pool and cabana area on the property where one can relax, read in the morning, or eat a takeout dinner when you don't feel like going to a restaurant.
But most important and best are the hosts. Jennifer and Lionel both obviously enjoy what they do. They are friendly, helpful, and very knowledgable about St. Croix. Jennifer takes early (5 or 6 o'clock) morning walks up into the mountains and is happy to take a guest along. My wife has a gluten allergy, and each morning either Lionel or Jennifer prepared something special- and delicious- for her. Altogether, they are gracious hosts and we left having been treated both like special guests and good friends.
I give the Inn at Arawak Bay my highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arawak Bay Inn offers a charming and relaxing experience on St. Croix's north shore. Each of its 14 rooms offer sweeping views of the Salt River Bay, and Caribbean Sea. This affordable B&B is 15 minutes from downtown Christiansted, and 5 minutes from the water sports activities of the St. Croix marina and Cane Bay. The Caribbean style continental breakfast ensures an island experience as you stay connected via wireless high speed Internet and satellite TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Arawak Bay: the Inn at Salt River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arawak Bay: The Inn At Salt River Hotel u.s. Virgin Islands
- Arawak Bay: The Inn At Salt River St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands