“Shhh! Don't let the secret out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansted
Villa Margarita
You added Villa Margarita to your Saves list
22 Salt River, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Special Price
New Years Special
Ranked #2 of 13 Christiansted B&B and Inns
Huntingtown, Maryland
“Shhh! Don't let the secret out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

If you are looking for a quirt, comfortable and very relaxing place to stay in St. Croix...Villa Margarita is the place. John and Adele are great hosts and made are stay that much more enjoyable. We like the place so much we are returning May of 2011 with two other couples. The location is just enough out of the way to be peaceful, but close enough to shopping and restaurants if you rent a car (You really need one to experience the island). My only fear is that Villa Margarita will be so popular I won't be able to get my next reservation. Thanks John and Adele! See ya in May.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This was exactly what I wanted: A relaxing vacation with my best friend to celebrate the beginning of my new life after over 26 years with the same man and then getting divorced. Out of the way, quiet, secluded, on the beach, by the marina, on the north side of the island, yet easy to get to a grocery store. The hosts know everyone around and welcomed us into their lives for a week. Beginning with a rum drink, the place was so homelike, with a pool and easy access to the beach. I want to go back. I CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adele and John know all the nice places to eat, stuff to do, etc. We ate so many mangoes they were coming out our ears. We snorkeled at Cane Bay and Buck Island, went to the rain forest, toured the Cruzan Rum Factory and samples the goods, gambled at the casino, saw the mumbo jumbie dancers, blew a conch shell, brought back the limit on rum, ate so much fish, met so many locals, and all while driving on the opposite side of the road. It is an awesome island. I've been to the Bahamas, Aruba, Cozumel, and Thailand, and this is it for me. LOVED IT!!!!!!!! Did I say I loved it???? Would stay at the same place again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

My wife and I spent 5 days at Villa Margarita with her brother and sister-in-law. It was better than I expected. We basically had the whole place to ourselves since the west suite was unoccupied during our stay. Between us we had the studio and east suites(we were in the east suite). Let me tell you, those rooms are very spacious. Also, due to the fact that the rooms have a kitchenette we were able to offset some of the cost of dining out by eating breakfast and lunch in the room most days. This gave me a really good excuse to charter our own boat to Buck Island(I can't recommend that enough!). On top of the great rooms, Adele and Jon offer coolers, beach chairs, snorkeling gear, a pool, grill, and they even had a bottle of wine waiting for us. The location was far better than I expected as well. You are situated close to some really good bars and food, as well as all that Christiansted has to offer(a 20 min drive). I could go on and on about the villa, but really Adele and Jon really give the place personality. Adele helped us numerous times with directions, advice, recommendations, drink recipes, and some great conversation. Also, if you are very private, as we normally are, you can see them as much or little as you like. No room service knocking at the door waking you up, no faux hopitality and name tags. Just really congenial, polite, and genuinely happy folks every day. I can't recommend Villa Margarita enough, and we intend to go back for one of our anniversaries. Last, but not least, their rates are really competitive and the value for the dollar can not be beat. I have stayed at multiple places on St. Croix for business in the past and this absolutely blows them away as well as anywhere else I have been.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Zurich, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

About 9 months into our marriage my wife and I decided on St. Croix for our one year anniversary and immediately started shopping around for the best of everything the island had to offer at the best prices. When it came to hotel choice we first looked at the resorts, but they seemed a little too similar to everything else we had been to. After a little digging we found Villa Margarita. It was one of the best things we found during the whole trip, and that's saying a lot!

To begin with, the prices for Villa Margarita were about the same as some of the more affordable hotels/motels in Christiansted. The immediately apparent advantages over the Christiansted hotels were the functional kitchen and the beach side location. It is literally right on the beach!

Even though we visited during the high (read: expensive) season for all St. Croix hotels, we still had plenty of money to enjoy everything the island had to offer once we got there. I am a bit of a foodie, and I insisted on eating only fresh, local caught seafood during my entire stay. Even though our plane arrived well after dark, we were still immediately handed tropical drinks and warmly welcomed. Since we were starving from our long flight John and Adele immediately found us a close restaurant that was not only still open at 9 pm (relatively rare on this island, especially on the north coast), but also had fresh Wahoo available as the special.

It only got better from there. John and Adele were available for suggestions and help whenever we needed them but otherwise left us to enjoy ourselves. The central location is perfect for touring both Christiansted and Fredricksted (we did both multiple times in only 6 days but still feel like there were things we missed - get a cheap rental car - completely worth it).

About the room; it was quiet, clean, well appointed and well lit, with only the sound of the ocean to disturb us. The bed was fairy tale perfect: not to soft, not to hard. My wife and I both slept like babies once we finally wound down from our various adventures. The decorations were cute, the kitchen functional, and the cable and internet always worked except for the occasional 5 minute island wide outages that happen no matter what. During the day birds dip into the wading pool for drinks as you swim. Due to the location away from city lights, at night the stars are unlike anything you will see outside of rural areas around the equator. It could not have been better had we owned a condo that also happened to be 20 feet from a semi private pool and 50 feet from the ocean.

Overall, the place is fantastic. If you are looking for a nice, quiet, romantic place to stay on the island, Villa Margarita is hands down the place to go.

Mashpee, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Before my husband and I made reservations to stay at the Villa Margarita, I did research on Trip Advisor and other sites and the reviews for the Villa were great. Our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. We prefer to stay at small hotels, B&B's and guest houses and I have to say that the Villa is at the top of places we have stayed. Adele greated us warmly and explained procedures throughly. She also has great tips on where to go and where to dine. She went out of her way to make us feel at home and even let us know when the local beach bars were having entertainment and who the entertainment was. We stayed in the East Suite which was very clean and comfortable with wonderful views. When you lay in bed at night all you can hear is the surf. Great! The kitchen is well stocked with all you could need should you choose to make a meal. The Villa is located in a very quiet location a short distance out of Christiansted. Because the Villa is centrally located it is easy to take day trips to either side of the island. Adele and John have beach chairs, beach towels, umbrella and coolers available if you wish to take them with you for the day. My husband and I loved St. Croix and staying at the Villa Margarita certainly made our stay that much more enjoyable. Hope to return soon!

Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

If you are thinking about booking here....JUST DO IT you will fall in love!! My husband and I just returned from Villa Margarita and all I can say is "AMAZING". It was so wonderful getting away from the large hotels. We were one of three couples staying which meant if we wanted to enjoy the pool or a walk on the beach, we were ALONE which is why we went on vacation. Adele is great and will ensure that you have a wonderful vacation....listen to her..she knows the ins and outs of the island and all of the activities, shopping, beaches and wonderful places to eat and unwind. When we first arrived we told her that we were planning on island hopping and she let us know that with only a week it wasn't a good idea.....she was so right. We explored every day and still not see everything we wanted to. The good thing is that means a return trip :) Rent a car (Judi at St Croix was amazing) and have fun!!! The difference between here and resorts is that we were completely safe driving from one end of the island to the other whether it was during the day or at night. We went on the Tan Tan tour through the rainforrest and to the tide pools, with Jolly Roger to Buck Island for some snorkeling, hit endless beaches along the way and some really great pubs on the pier! We were very active but when we got back to Villa Margarita it was so easy to slow down. You have your own patio directly faces the sea, a pool, and the beach what more could you want??..Other than not to leave

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
West Springfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We were looking for a nice quiet, relaxing place to spend our vacation. I had been to many islands in the area but never St. Croix so we decided to try it. At first I was looking online at the big resorts and somehow found the website to the Villa Margarita. It was the best choice we ever made. Had we gone with a large resort it would have been crowded and noisy...just the opposite of what we were looking for.

We had the one bedroom suite and the breeze was wonderful. Even though it was hot and humid, we never needed the AC. We ate breakfast and dinner on the balcony, overlooking the ocean. We went to sleep at night with the sliders open, listening to the waves hit the beach below us. We even spent a little time in the hammock for two, under the palm trees. Relaxation was what we wanted and the Villa Margarita delivered big time.

The suite was nicely decorated, keeping the theme of the tropics. It was just an extremely comfortable place. You could have housekeeping if you wanted it but it was so nice not to have anyone knocking on your door to make up the room or turn down the bed when you just wanted peace and quiet.

Rowdy Joe's and Off The Wall were 2 good restaurants not too far away. It was about a 20 minute drive into Christensted for other restaurants but the ride was fairly easy, given that the driving is on the left side. The distance into town was not a problem.

Adele and John were exactly what the other reviewers said...there if you needed them and not if you didn't. They had lots of suggestions on where to eat and what to do. They were the perfect hosts.

Even though we are not beach lovers or into snorkeling (probably the biggest reasons people go to the islands), we will definitely be back because of Adele, John and the Villa Margarita.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Margarita? Share your experiences!