“Making friends at Villa Margarita!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansted
Villa Margarita
You added Villa Margarita to your Saves list
22 Salt River, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Christiansted B&B and Inns
nj
“Making friends at Villa Margarita!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

I visited St. Croix over July 4th weekend. I was a bit nervous because I was traveling alone and going somewhere that I had never been to before. I made a reservation at Villa Margarita based on a recommendation from my realtor who had other clients stay there. The website looked nice, with great pictures and lovely views, so I figured why not! I sent an email to check availability and got a very quick response. I booked the studio room and started chatting with Adele, the owner, on and off before my arrival. She gave me lots of information about what to do when I got there. Villa Margarita offers a pick-up service at the airport and said they would be waiting for me with a sign with my name. I got off the airplane and headed out to find her and there she was. We hit it off immediately. John, her husband, was also with her. It was a great way to start my vacation. They offered to stop at a local grocery store so I could pick up some goodies for my room. Then we headed to Villa Margarita.

The guesthouse overlooks the ocean and is set away from the road and other houses. It is very quiet and relaxing. We arrived and they showed me to my room – it was beautiful! I also got to see the one and two bedroom suites because the other guests had just checked out. Absolutely amazing!! Views galore! The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated, comfortably air conditioned and stocked with towels, dishes, utensils, fresh drinking water, coffee and a coffee maker and fruit. I had a fridge and microwave as well. There are lovely bath amenities as well. I was in heaven and didn’t want to leave! Adele and John offer happy hour by the pool in the afternoon so we hung out by the pool for a while, and later took a walk down to the beach where they had set up a wedding the day before.

The next morning, I woke up early and made coffee and sat out on the deck to enjoy the beautiful weather. Later that morning, I spent time talking to Adele and John more about the island and living there. I felt very comfortable there and not like I was intruding by handing out in their kitchen picking their brains. If you are looking for a beautiful, peaceful, clean, reasonably priced place to stay that is more friendly than a hotel while in St. Croix, you cannot go wrong with Villa Margarita. I met other guests there who left their bigger hotels just to come stay in a more quiet, intimate setting.

I arrived a Villa Margarita as a guest and left with two wonderful friends!! Trust me, you will be very happy there!! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

We have stayed twice at Villa Margarita (April and Jun 2005 ). The Villa has new owners, John and Adele, who do a wonderful job at making you feel relaxed and welcomed. The Villa is located on the beautiful North Shore, and has 3 seperate suites that rent - a studio, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom. All of them have ample room, air-conditioning, every ammenity you would expect at a top-notch hotel, and more.
All 3 suites have an oceanview, and balcony, as well as micro-wave, refrigerator, etc. It worked out great for us to pick up breakfast foods, and late night snacks. John & Adele offer a great happy hour everyday with drinks on the multi-level patios that overlook the Caribbean. The Villa has a swimming pool as well as beach access.
We can't say enough good things about staying at the Villa and enjoying the island of St Croix!

Been to Villa Margarita? Share your experiences!