“Perfect...again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansted
Villa Margarita
Ranked #2 of 13 Christiansted B&B and Inns
West Springfield, MA
“Perfect...again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

For the second March in a row, we had the priviledge to stay at the Villa Margarita. While we only had the time to stay 5 nights this time, it was just as great as our week in 2010. The location is fantastic...sit on the balcony or sleep at night with the sliders open and listen to the surf below. There isn't another sound out there...it's so peaceful. We had the one bedroom suite again and it's so warm and inviting. Adele and John are available if you need them and not if you don't. In fact, we saw them when we arrived Saturday and didn't see them again until Monday! We've been to other B&B's and the owners are always there, making you feel like you're invading their home but not here. You are made to feel like it's yours. We just can't say enough about the Villa Margarita even though we'd like to keep it a secret to make sure it's available for our full week in 2012!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Onancock, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a week at Villa Margarita. We initially could not believe the great reviews and ratings (52 out of 52 Five star ratings?... s-u-u-r-e), but now we can, and will add our own. We thoroughly enjoyed the Villa and the hosts, John and Adele. But perhaps that's because the Villa had everything we seek in a vacation place... great ocean views, soft constant breeze, fine beach just a 4 minute walk away, complete privacy when we wanted it, company when we sought it, and excellent advice about anything St. Croix when we needed it. The room (we had the Studio which suited us perfectly) was spotlessly clean, well-decorated, with a quite functional kitchenette, breakfast table on a wide deck, fan, AC ( though we did not need nor use it), free wireless internet (which we also did not use), an excellent bed, great sleeping with only the sound of the waves,. We had to force ourselves to leave t osee the island. We suggest a leisurely trip around the island's perimeter one day checking out the beaches ( Judi of St. Croix served us well with a car), and a sailing/snorkling trip to Buck Island with Captain Karl of Buck Island Tours another day, to return to an afternooon of reading around the pool, and to await the twice weekly happy hour hosted by John and Adele. We appreciated the chilled bottle of wine on our arrival, the thorough mid-week cleaning by Adele, the DVD and paperback library, DISH TV, with free HBO, island literature galore, and the use of snorkel equipment when we needed it. We urge visitors to eat at two places: Rowdy Joe's, nearby, for it's excellent creative chef and menu (try the steak or fish tacos particularly) and Turtle Deli in Fredericksted (Rachael's Rueben is the very best sandwich we have ever tasted... split one , they're huge!). But while the ilsland was fine, the people very friendly, and the pace perfect, the real advantage of Villa Margarita was Adele and John's care, thoughtfulness, attention to detail, and general friendliness. If you're looking for a large resort experience, this is not for you, but if you want an intimate romantic, quiet, and cared-for week, Villa Margarita is your place. We rarely return to an island or place we've visited as there are so many places to see, but the Villa Margarita would be at the top of our list of places to return to. We recommend it without reservation.
Keith and Wendy

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

The other reviewers have described Villa Margarita better than I can,
(especially MarisaO and 1FlyingJ )
but here are my notes:

The location was terrific (beautiful, relaxing, and quiet).
Adele was very, very helpful and friendly (exceeded expectations). (Thanks again, Adele!)
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The ocean views and sounds of the surf were sublime.
We liked having a kitchen in the suite.
We liked the free wireless service.
We hope to return to Villa Margarita and recommend it highly.

A few other notes:
.You _will_ need a car.
.Anchor Dive Center is very close and they were very accomodating.
(I went on my first dive ever!)
.My daughter highly recommends going on a night dive (if you are certified) and
experience the magic of bioluminescence.
.Despite the appearance, Rowdy Joe's is not just an average sports bar. Great food. Get a reservation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Margarita over the 2010 holidays and would recommend it to anyone for its cleanliness, location, value, and helpfulness/friendliness of the owners.
I am quite a stickler about cleanliness, and our room was the cleanest of pretty much any place we have every stayed. We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and it was very spacious, and even larger than our city condo that we live permanently. Also, the bedroom, the living room, and the bathroom all had their own large set of sliding glass doors with a beautiful ocean view. There is also a nice little pool, and a small beach right in front, which were perfect if we wanted to just relax and enjoy some time by ourselves on the island.
The location in unbeatable, and we think it is one of the best locations in the entire island. The Villa Margarita is very remote, which means that all we heard at night was the sound of the ocean. However, in a 10 minute drive we could get to all the restaurants and attractions in Cane Bay. In 20 minutes we could get to the action and attractions in Christiansted, and in 30 minutes we could get to Fredericksted. I think its the best possible location on the island - quiet, but closest access to all the major hubs. We also liked Cane Bay the best in terms of food options and people - it was safe, the food was excellent, and the prices were similar to anywhere else on the island. Many people we met were staying in Frederiksted or Christiansted and came to Cane Bay anyway.
I'd also recommend the Villa Margarita on the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners, John and Adele. They were very willing to offer suggestions to us any time we asked in terms of things we may want to do, where the best grocery store was, what the hours at the plantation were, or where we may want to eat, and none of the suggestions disappointed us. Adele even made some reservations for us without us even having to ask, which was helpful :-)
Overall, we had a really great trip, and cannot wait to return to the Villa Margarita. We'd recommend it to anyone we knew who was going to visit St. Croix.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Huntingtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

If you are looking for a quirt, comfortable and very relaxing place to stay in St. Croix...Villa Margarita is the place. John and Adele are great hosts and made are stay that much more enjoyable. We like the place so much we are returning May of 2011 with two other couples. The location is just enough out of the way to be peaceful, but close enough to shopping and restaurants if you rent a car (You really need one to experience the island). My only fear is that Villa Margarita will be so popular I won't be able to get my next reservation. Thanks John and Adele! See ya in May.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This was exactly what I wanted: A relaxing vacation with my best friend to celebrate the beginning of my new life after over 26 years with the same man and then getting divorced. Out of the way, quiet, secluded, on the beach, by the marina, on the north side of the island, yet easy to get to a grocery store. The hosts know everyone around and welcomed us into their lives for a week. Beginning with a rum drink, the place was so homelike, with a pool and easy access to the beach. I want to go back. I CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adele and John know all the nice places to eat, stuff to do, etc. We ate so many mangoes they were coming out our ears. We snorkeled at Cane Bay and Buck Island, went to the rain forest, toured the Cruzan Rum Factory and samples the goods, gambled at the casino, saw the mumbo jumbie dancers, blew a conch shell, brought back the limit on rum, ate so much fish, met so many locals, and all while driving on the opposite side of the road. It is an awesome island. I've been to the Bahamas, Aruba, Cozumel, and Thailand, and this is it for me. LOVED IT!!!!!!!! Did I say I loved it???? Would stay at the same place again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

My wife and I spent 5 days at Villa Margarita with her brother and sister-in-law. It was better than I expected. We basically had the whole place to ourselves since the west suite was unoccupied during our stay. Between us we had the studio and east suites(we were in the east suite). Let me tell you, those rooms are very spacious. Also, due to the fact that the rooms have a kitchenette we were able to offset some of the cost of dining out by eating breakfast and lunch in the room most days. This gave me a really good excuse to charter our own boat to Buck Island(I can't recommend that enough!). On top of the great rooms, Adele and Jon offer coolers, beach chairs, snorkeling gear, a pool, grill, and they even had a bottle of wine waiting for us. The location was far better than I expected as well. You are situated close to some really good bars and food, as well as all that Christiansted has to offer(a 20 min drive). I could go on and on about the villa, but really Adele and Jon really give the place personality. Adele helped us numerous times with directions, advice, recommendations, drink recipes, and some great conversation. Also, if you are very private, as we normally are, you can see them as much or little as you like. No room service knocking at the door waking you up, no faux hopitality and name tags. Just really congenial, polite, and genuinely happy folks every day. I can't recommend Villa Margarita enough, and we intend to go back for one of our anniversaries. Last, but not least, their rates are really competitive and the value for the dollar can not be beat. I have stayed at multiple places on St. Croix for business in the past and this absolutely blows them away as well as anywhere else I have been.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Margarita? Share your experiences!