“This is amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 30 Activities in Christiansted
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Equus Rides offers a unique horseback riding experience on St. Croix's magnificent north shore. Join The Cane Bay Cowboy, Stephen O'Dea. Ride trails to hilltops with breath taking views. Mosey or canter along beautiful Cane Bay Beach. Finally, experience the ultimate... A swim in the Caribbean Sea on horseback! Equus Rides caters to riders of all levels. We also have horses available for private parties and wedding ceremonies. Happy Trails!
Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“This is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you visit St. Croix you must visit Cowboy Steve. A bucket list item of mine was to ride horses in the ocean and thanks to Steve I can check that one off. They were very attentive...my nephews had never been on a horse before and were practically experts by the time our ride was over. I would do this over and over again.
Thank you Steve!

Visited July 2014

Millstone, New Jersey
“wow- what a ride!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

So glad I took my daughters on the three hour horseback ride with Cowboy Steve and his crew! The views were incredible from up top the hills we climbed, and swimming the horses in the ocean was so cool! Steve and his crew (Noah, Sean, Shakia and Calvin- I think I got it right!) were the best..patiently leading the horses for the non- riders, and taking tons of pictures for all of us in our group. Steve's horse's are great-healthy,quiet, all were so well behaved- I wouldn't hesitate to put even a beginner rider on any one of the horses he has. And if you show Steve you know how to ride-oh man are you in for some fun! I galloped that horse all over the place..up hills, down hills, on the beach- best ride I have had in years!! Definitely going back for another ride with Cowboy Steve on my next visit!

Mogadore, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“A must do...absolutely amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Riding with Cowboy Steve was on top of our wish list during our vacation. I'm so glad we were able to ride with him. This was definitely the highlight of our vacation. I have very minimal riding experience and my daughter had none. He definitely made us feel at ease and safe throughout the entire excursion. We were lucky and got to go out alone with him and his two helpers. What an enjoyable evening with the one on one interaction. He's so full of life, patient, has a wonderful personality and so knowledgeable about the island. The horses are well behaved, healthy, happy, and really seem to enjoy pleasing the riders and swimming in the ocean. Not only does Cowboy Steve operate a top notch excursion, he also gives back to the children and island of St. Croix. A win-win in my book.
P.S. THANK YOU for helping with the rental car, the drink and getting us back to our condo safe after our little fiasco. You made our one and only negative island experience turn into a fun, positive experience. It was MUCH appreciated. Again...Thank you!!!

Providence, Rhode Island
“Best Horseback Riding Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

When I traveled to St. Croix, riding on the beach was on the top of my "wish list," and I am so happy that my party and I choose to ride with Steve! My friends and I have varying levels of riding experience (from beginner to advanced), but Steve made it fun for all of us. He challenged us to try new things (like standing on a horse and cantering down the beach), but at no point did we feel unsafe. Steve is a great guy who will ensure you have the time of your life. If you are looking for something adventurous to do in St. Croix, I highly suggest taking a ride with "Cowboy Steve!!"

Visited May 2014
“John p.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to St. Croix. We went on the ride for my wife's 60th birthday. The ride was so much fun. Cowboy Steve was very courteous and a most enlightening person. Do not pass up this chance for a fun activity for the whole family. Thank you, Steve for the memories.