“One of the Last and Best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Chicago
“One of the Last and Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Located in a lovely courtyard setting--the former home of a lamented Cuban eatery which closed decades ago-is Dave Kendricks' excellebnt restaurant. Serving high end Caribbean and eclectic Continental fare Kendrick's can be counted on to serve up a nicely presented and very good meal for dinner. Their wine list is very good for the area as well and the service is excelent. Daily specials are a treat, especially on the days when chef-owner Dave is on duty in the kitchen. The restaurant is located in the middle of Christiansted town so that parking can sometimes be a challenge, particularly in high season. On the other hand, just how far can one go in Christiansted--walking a block, or even two, to Kendrick's for dinner is well worth the effort.

Visited October 2012

“Could I say more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Amazing cuisine, wonderful atmosphere and all together a great dining experience! Don't pass this one by.

Akron, Ohio
“Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very beautiful and relaxing restaurant. It had a warm atmosphere and friendly staff. The food was absolutely fabulous!

Visited July 2012
“Very lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This restaurant is just about the longest running established restaurant on the island. The Kendricks are lovely people. The resataurant always serves top notch food, either in the lovely air conditioned area or out in the wonderful outdoor courtyard.

Visited April 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Our "fancy" dinner on the island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I had 3 nights on St. Croix and after asking for many recommendations for a "fancy" dinner in the Christiansted area we thought Kendricks would be a great fit. We made recommendations for a 6:30pm dinner and arrived a few min prior, the entire courtyard must have had about 50 tables and we may have been the first or second table to be seated out there on a Tuesday night.

We were very pleased that they had bleu cheese stuffed olives and immediately ordered 2 martini's! I can not remember our exact order, but we did get an app, soup, salad and entree's. The food was all great with the exception of one thing...I ordered the Filet for dinner, it was at first over-cooked, which I understand, I was quickly brought out another. (I ordered Medium the 1st time, the one to come out was Well, the replacement was more on the Med Well side.) I ate it, but did have a problem, for a $35-$40 Filet, the actual quality/grade of the beef was a bit poor. I'm not a pro at that, but it was pretty "flimsy" beef, whereas here in the states at say Flemings or Ruth Chris, a filet is shaped like a fist, cuts like butter and you can see the meat.

Service and ambiance was very nice, I believe our server was Mary and she was very professional, maybe too much so, but not sure if that is the managerial direction for the staff.

I do recommend Kendrick's, I'm sure it was just a snap-fu for my issues with it. After tip, I believe we paid about $150 or so for two.

Visited July 2012