“Amazing Burger!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Milford
“Amazing Burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I can't believe that I had never stopped by this Tavern on previous trips to ST. Croix! We ordered chicken wings as an app. They were huge! Too big for my liking. However, the flavor was good and they were tender. We split a burger and it was delicious. It was the best burger that I've had on the island. The bartenders were really nice as well. It was a quiet evening so there wasn't any wait to get seated. Great place!

Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of a kind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Great food and a one of a kind beer selection for St. Croix. Every meal I've had here has been wonderfully inventive and delicious.

Visited October 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than a good bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Tavern 1844 has some of the best burgers you'll ever taste as well as an impressive beer selection. But don't hesitate to go beyond the standard pub offerings. If it's on the menu, try the caprese salad--it was one of the best I've had anywhere. The staff is friendly, helpful and attentive--and if you haven't had their duck fat fries, you have no idea what you are missing.

Visited April 2014
USVI
“Duck Fries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Tavern 1844. This is one expensive burger folks. It is one of the best on island. The duck fat fries are a artery clogger for sure but once you taste one you can not resist. With over 50 something brews to choose from you won't go thirsty. Briana our waitress was awesome!!
Downtown Christiansted, USVI.

Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Possibly the best thing I've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went here on a recommendation from some random person I met in a local bar that worked here. He was spot on with this one. The beer menu was one of the best on the island. The burgers sounded great. One was supposedly their famous award winner so I thought I'd try that one. WOW! It was fantastic and served with...fries cooked in duck fat! After we were totally full from our meals, we decided to order dessert (yeah we were pigs that day). The pizzookie was a site and tasted so good. Be warned - if you eat here you will over eat!

Visited March 2013