“Thai?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Va
“Thai?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I found it a bit odd that a Thai restaurant was one of the top rated restaurants in St. Croix... But it lived up to the reviews. I had the Pad Thai and it was excellent.. The shrimp rolls were also excellent. There is also a very extensive wine list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cruzanmon, Owner at Galangal, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your visit and taking time to review Galangal on TripAdvisor. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and shared with our staff.

Northern VA
“Best place In Christiansted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our favorite place in Christiansted. The atmosphere, menu, and staff are all unique, pleasant, and intriguing. The multiple variations/offerings of appetizing food are great. Nothing will disappoint.
Diner One - Thai grilled beef salad, Duck Prig King Red Curry(tender duck and curry can’t be beat), Quatro (ginger, mango, green tea, and melon sorbets), two Kirin beers
Diner Two - Smoked squid salad(the best flavor combination we have tasted), Thai Holy Basil and Beef (not complicated, but sooo flavorful), Mango sorbet, two glasses of Melbec (Argentinean red wine)
$141.00 USD without tip left $171 USD

• Visited July 2013
Cruzanmon, Owner at Galangal, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We are happy that you visited Galangal twice. Taking time to review Galangal on TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated. We will share your comments with our staff who deserve all the credit.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Truly superior Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Pad Thai was the best I've ever had anywhere. The restaurant's decor is lovely and the service was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
Cruzanmon, Owner at Galangal, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that you liked especially our Pad Thai. We will share your comment with the kitchen staff, which deserve the credit. Thank you again for your visit.
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“First rate food and first rate service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a find. I think this restaurant was open on my last visit to St. Croix (2009) but somehow I missed it. Finding it in 2013 was a treat. First rate Thai cuisine, beautifully prepared and presented. The flavors were subtle, but present...not in-your-face. Our server, Kate, was able to answer all of our questions about how the various dishes were prepared and never failed to check in with us at the most appropriate moments during the meal. I noticed that she even made a point to hold the door for dinner guests as they exited, and she didn't fail us in that regard. I look forward to my next meal there. Also, back in around 2007 or so I recall a Pizza Hut or Dominos in the same location. Galangal proves that there's hope for Pizza Huts everywhere!

Cruzanmon, Owner at Galangal, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review Galangal at TripAdvisor. Your positive comments are truly appreciated and will be passed on to Kate.
“Excellent food and customer service!!:)))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My first time at this restaurant was amazing! I was even surprise by waitress with dessert for my anniversary. The ambience is so welcoming and I must say I will be coming again and again.

Cruzanmon, Owner at Galangal, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Galangal to celebrate your anniversary and for taking time to review our restaurant on TripAdvisor. Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.