“Very glad we stopped there for lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 67 restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Famous for our great food, friendly service and great prices! Call for hours and specials.
Dallas, TX
“Very glad we stopped there for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I have driven by this place hundreds of times. One day during our last visit, we decided to check it out. We split the pulled pork plate which came with two sides. We got a side salad with a mango vinaigrette and mac-n-cheese. Everything was very good. The mango dressing was especially good. And, we had enough left over to bring some home for my in-laws to try. Our server was a doll. Quite chatty but very sweet, one of those naturally friendly kind of people. We ran into her a few days later at Angry Nate's where her boyfriend is a bartender. We will definitely be back. I think our leftovers convinced my in-laws to go there too!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“If you're feelin' a lil' low and need a flavorful pick-me-up, try Good Spirits!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't know how I found this little gem of a place out east, but I'm glad I did! It's like a hole-in-the-wall, but roadside in the easterly trade-winds.
I've only been there a few times and on every occasion I left satisfied. They definitely have some of the best BBQ I've had on island and there chili-dogs and tater-tots are the best comfort food too! If you're out east, give them a try!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't know where to eat in St Croix, try this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the food and drinks at this little outdoor eating establishment. Menu has good variety and food was fresh and flavorful. Since you are eating outside, be sure to bring or ask for bug spray!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food and friendly owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Food was really great here! We had been driving for a while in search of dinner for our group of 7 and found this quaint place. Drinks were reasonable and yummy. We had an assortment of items from the menu,including the totchos, and everything was soooo yummy. We got to see an amazing sunset and had a great time chatting with the owners. Only issue was eating at dusk there were some Mosquitos out. The owners provided bug spray but I think some citronella candles would have been a nice addition. Otherwise well worth the search for this island gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Islamorada, Florida, United States
“Jewel of St. Croix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Tucked away at the bottom of a hill next to a golf course on the east end of the island is the jewel of St. Croix. Our family tried almost everything on the menu. We were there for five days and went there everyday. It is an outdoor restaurant with a bar and convenience store inside. We stayed at Villa Madelaine right up the hill and we bought all of our necessities at the convenience store. We gave them a list and they had everything ready for us when we checked in. As for the food, the BBQ is the best on the island, and off the island for that matter. The brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and smoked turkey were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The hamburgers are awesome. And the sides like mac and cheese, creamed spinach, and black beans and rice were delicilous. Just beware of the totchos with homemade chili; it packs a punch. Their is live music most nights, which sets the mood for sitting outside eating and drinking under the strings of lights. The drinks are also unique and have a generous amount of alcohol. Try the Painkiller, which is even better than at the Soggy Dollar Bar in the BVI's. The Bushwacker is also delicious. All in all, this unassuming little place on the east end of the island, run by a very interesting couple, is a rare treat on the island of St. Croix.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere