“If you're feelin' a lil' low and need a flavorful pick-me-up, try Good Spirits!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Good Spirits

Good Spirits
5000 Teague Bay | The Reef Golf Course, Christiansted, St. Croix
340-692-4663
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 67 restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Famous for our great food, friendly service and great prices! Call for hours and specials.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't know how I found this little gem of a place out east, but I'm glad I did! It's like a hole-in-the-wall, but roadside in the easterly trade-winds.
I've only been there a few times and on every occasion I left satisfied. They definitely have some of the best BBQ I've had on island and there chili-dogs and tater-tots are the best comfort food too! If you're out east, give them a try!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
“Don't know where to eat in St Croix, try this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the food and drinks at this little outdoor eating establishment. Menu has good variety and food was fresh and flavorful. Since you are eating outside, be sure to bring or ask for bug spray!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food and friendly owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Food was really great here! We had been driving for a while in search of dinner for our group of 7 and found this quaint place. Drinks were reasonable and yummy. We had an assortment of items from the menu,including the totchos, and everything was soooo yummy. We got to see an amazing sunset and had a great time chatting with the owners. Only issue was eating at dusk there were some Mosquitos out. The owners provided bug spray but I think some citronella candles would have been a nice addition. Otherwise well worth the search for this island gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Islamorada, Florida, United States
“Jewel of St. Croix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Tucked away at the bottom of a hill next to a golf course on the east end of the island is the jewel of St. Croix. Our family tried almost everything on the menu. We were there for five days and went there everyday. It is an outdoor restaurant with a bar and convenience store inside. We stayed at Villa Madelaine right up the hill and we bought all of our necessities at the convenience store. We gave them a list and they had everything ready for us when we checked in. As for the food, the BBQ is the best on the island, and off the island for that matter. The brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and smoked turkey were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The hamburgers are awesome. And the sides like mac and cheese, creamed spinach, and black beans and rice were delicilous. Just beware of the totchos with homemade chili; it packs a punch. Their is live music most nights, which sets the mood for sitting outside eating and drinking under the strings of lights. The drinks are also unique and have a generous amount of alcohol. Try the Painkiller, which is even better than at the Soggy Dollar Bar in the BVI's. The Bushwacker is also delicious. All in all, this unassuming little place on the east end of the island, run by a very interesting couple, is a rare treat on the island of St. Croix.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Park, Colorado
“If you're smoking food, it should taste like it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stopped at Good Spirits since the place recommended to us was closed. The service was good. The bartender/server was really nice and friendly as was the food runner. The place is next to a golf course and is in a pretty nice setting. Seating is either on picnic tables or at one of the few tables inside. The menu looked pretty good. We were informed that since it was mid week that they were going to be out of some of the BBQ. The start to prep it late week for the weekend evidently. Either way, we didn't miss anything. I had the smoked brisket and my girlfriend had the pulled pork. Neither had any smoke taste whatsoever. They were also poorly seasoned. On top of that, the sauce on the pulled pork had an odd taste. The conch fritters were tasty, however, as was the mac n cheese. In fact, the mac n cheese was a stand out item as it was smoked, and had a good smoke flavor, unlike the meat. It was really tasty. All in all, a disappointment. Typically a place only gets one chance to make an impression, and Good Spirits struggled here.

Visited May 2013
jmbatl, Owner at Good Spirits, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I am very sorry to read of your negative experience at our business. I was present when you dined and I try to insure that each customer leaves satisfied.

We do smoke our brisket. Our pork is roasted. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy our BBQ sauce as so many customers tell us that's what keeps them coming back for more.

I am certainly pleased that you enjoyed our service and atmosphere. I encourage you to return anytime and ask for me personally. We want to make sure that you have the same kind of experience at Good Spirits as so many of our repeat customers.

Best