“Be very careful when making reservations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort

You added Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort to your Saves list
Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3280 Estate Golden Rock | Rte 752, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Newport
“Be very careful when making reservations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

This is our third stay here and we would think long and hard before returning. We specifically asked for a third floor unit furthest away from the waste treatment plant.while we got the third floor, we were the closest one can get to the plant. Our friends, who had made the same request, were also closest to the plant and in a first floor or unit. The first floor units are dark like dungeons and the bedrooms are below ground and face the parking lot. We also were not told that one had to pay for the phones to be turned on and local calls are not free. The kitchens were inadequately supplied if one wanted to eat in. Many items were tired looking and should do be replaced.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

I loved my stay at Club St. Croix! I was traveling alone to a place I had never been to before for an adventure (escape from the Wisconsin Winter). I found paradise with ocean front views, a pool & hot tub and restaurant on-site at an affordable rate. I extended my stay from a 3 month visit to a 5 month visit and had no trouble walking to and from the grocery stores and into town, etc. I learned how to take the local shuttle to get around too, everyone I met was so friendly!

I can't wait to go again! I'm even considering purchasing a condo now so I can do this anytime!
Great people, beautiful Island! My visit was from November 1st 2013 through March 31st 2014. I've posted a review before but it never posted so trying again, don't over look this place. Go to their Facebook Fan Page and see more! https://www.facebook.com/ClubStCroixVI

Room Tip: Depending on who you rent from I hear some have water and electric included in rate, others do not a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Costa Rica / Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

We arrived on Friday, December 26. Our unit was #315. This unit shows very little pride in ownership. The balcony has the air conditioner unit against the wall with water leaking all over the tiles. My husband spent a few moments re-hooking the drain pipe to drain the water off the tile. We then found a bowl to place under the unit so the water would stop dripping on the tile floor. You could tell this had been going on as there was a water stain where the water dripped out of the unit. There was no mop so we let management know and it was promptly mopped the next day. The unit also blew very hot air on the balcony so we placed chairs in front of it so 2 people could enjoy it at a time. When all 4 of us were out there 2 were feeling the blow dryer heat on their backs. The furniture was extremely uncomfortable and the slip cover on the couch was filthy. We were told the owner had been there the week before and I could not believe they would leave it this way. The loft bedroom was open to the main living area below with shutters that went half way across. The bath in the loft was open as well so there was NO PRIVACY unless the other couple was enclosed in their bedroom. The beds were very uncomfortable. There were no fitted sheets on the beds and the bed was king size with queen flat sheets. A struggle each morning when you woke up on the mattress. The cupboards in the kitchen were so dirty we washed 2 of them so as not to have to look at them for the week. We made the best of it anyway. I just expected to have a lovely unit like the photos showed. I would not rent here again unless I could see the unit I was going to get. We were the second from the end and there was some sort of refinery or factory nearby that made a loud noise 24/7. You could only hear it if you were on the balcony.The restaurant had good food and the service was fine. The beach was covered with a seaweed and it took most of the week before they got it cleaned up and a pathway to the water. The water is full of sea grass and you need to watch for urchins as it is very shallow for a long way out. My husband and I did snorkel one day and when you got to deeper water it was fine. It is close to town. You do really need a car if you want to get around and they drive on the opposite side of the road. Takes a bit of getting used to but the speed limits are slow so this makes it a bit easier to navigate. We did not change units as we were told that we would have to have separate units and we wanted to be together.

Room Tip: I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you see your unit before you book. Unit #315 was nit up to my standard...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Pontiac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

We stayed in unit #211 and we were very please! This was a studio/efficiency that gave us all that we needed for our romantic getaway. We had a gorgeous view of The Caribbean Sea which was about 75yards away. Our unit was clean, the kitchen was perfect, the bathroom was perfect, the bed was great, and the balcony and view was awesome.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Convenient location, just 5 minutes to Christiansted. Ample parking, onsite managers, evening security, clean pool, good restaurant, awesome beach view. Affordable.
My only hiccup was the beach. It's a lovely view, but a little seaweed heavy. Best for chillin' not swimmin'. But there are awesome public beaches in every direction.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

3rd Floor Penthouse, furniture, appliance and AC all updated. Friendly Staff, very helpful! Great location on beach, with swimming pool and Breezes restaurant on property. Night time security at 6pm. Feeling safe, peaceful, and serenity to an awesome escape to paradise!

Room Tip: #311, Recently Upgraded, Very Clean, Great views! Very simple reservations, special amenities, and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Wonderful week at Club St Croix.
Very clean quite comfortable condo. Great beach and pool/hottub.
We felt completely safe at Club St Croix and enjoyed the beautiful views.
We will stay here again next visit

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!