“Always a good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort

Save Saved
You added Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort to your Saves list
Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3280 Estate Golden Rock | Rte 752, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
“Always a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This was probably my 4th stay. The grounds were just as I remembered. Rooms were clean. I've read comments about bugs but that is inherent to the area, regardless of where you stay. Get some insect spray for during your stay. Don't take this negatively but the best way to minimize the roaches is to thoroughly clean up after yourselves after each meal and empty the trash. Housekeeping does a splendid job of refreshing our linens. The staff does their best to keep the beach clean but swimming can be enjoyed elsewhere. The restaurant food quality was very good. Lobster and calamari was some of the best I've had on the island. Stay, but get out and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

In searching for a place to stay in or near Christiansted for two nights, I was originally looking for a place in town and had been leaning towards the Kings Alley, but then somehow I ran across an ad for the Beach & Tennis Club on a website called Easy Click travel. I was nervous for a few reasons. One, never heard of Easy Click Travel before. Second, it seems to be a place that each unit may be owned individually and then managed by the management company, Antilles Resorts. Last, reviews on Tripadvisor were pretty mixed and some said the area was pretty dicey. BUT, for the same price as the hotel room I'd been looking at with two beds, we got a full two bedroom condo! $377 for two nights.

When we arrived it was late and the office was closed, but they have a deal with a person who I assume lives there who provides the keys to people like me who show up late. The biggest negative for us was that the 2 bedroom condos are all on the third floor and my father has a recent injury to his achilles tendon that makes climbing steps a challenge. No elevator. He endured, but it was not pleasant.

Inside the location was nicely decorated - we were in room 303, it was clean and we really liked the feel. My complaint was the living room couch was very uncomfortable The master bedroom was also up a spiral staircase, but luckily the second bedroom was not up any additional stairs. We had a beautiful view of the beach and ocean from our balcony. We had a full kitchen. I thought the shower was great in the master bedroom, but I did run out of hot water on one shower and my husband complained about the water pressure. We did have problems with the TV in the living room, not that we were there long enough for that to be an issue, but we couldn't get the remote to work. They gave us FIVE remotes upon check in!!! They were for various TVs and air conditioners/fans. When we checked in it was smoking hot in there, but the AC works really well and had the place cooled down.

When I had to go actually check in the next AM, the woman who was working the desk was super friendly and helpful.

During our visit, we had zero problems with security. We felt safe and loved how close the location was to Christiansted... just a few minutes drive. You definitely need to have a vehicle to stay here or you'll spend a lot on cabs.

We did not use the beach or pool so can't comment on that.

Overall, we had a nice stay and I would recommend for people who can handle the stairs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed at Club St. Croix several times and never had a problem with crime. Also have eaten at the restaurant Breezes, which is fantastic, many times, parking in the parking lot, with no problem. I suppose you can get unlucky anywhere with vehicle break ins these days.
The property is beautiful with fantistic views from the galleries. Beach is great to walk and gaze at with a beverage, but not a swimming beach, use te nice pool to swim. A quiet and beautiful place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Be very CAREFULL if you choose to stay here ,Really BAD area Of Saint Croix !!!!! OUR CAR WAS BROKEN INTO ( while parked at their property ) and my girlfriends purse was stolen along with her passport , camera , money and personal belongins !!! It seems to me that we were being watched because it happened too quickly ! We left our room to check out the pool area , witch is right by the Breeze restaurant , and my girlfriend made the mistake of leaving her purse in the car .. she thought it was safe because we were parked right in front of the pool and we were coming right out ...wrong !!This happened on a friday around 7 pm and had to wait till the following day to reported it to the front desk as there was no one there at that time .. but i did go to the POLICE department to report it the same day ! When i finally reported it to the front desk , i was told that they had one security guard patroling at night and that he could not be in two places at the same time !!!!!!!! this is unacceptable !! This place lacks security ... You will Not be safe here..... Stay Away !!!

Room Tip: outdated furnishing ...tv in room does no work !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ada, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Club St Croix has been our place to stay for the past two visits to the beautiful island of St Croix. The place is convenient to everything, clean and the view is the best on the island! Ours was a 2-bedroom/2 bath condo and we found it nice to have a full-kitchen and also a nice restaurant, Breezes, which is open for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Be prepared to take your grocery items with you or visit the nearest supermarket if you want to cook...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Wilsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

As everyone says it is not a hotel. This aside it is a great place to stay we enjoyed coffee every morning on our private patio, the breeze and sounds were very relaxing. The kitchen helped us to save a ton of money and there are two grocery stores nearby. The beach was well taken care of and the water was nice and warm. Beach towels and snorkels are available from the office and we used them often. The Breezes restaurant was a great place to eat and Christiansted is a wonderful town with a great brewery and super friendly people. If you are looking for a place that is just minutes from the hustle of Christiansted this is the place. I hope to visit and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife worked a contract in St Croix for couple weeks, and being the dutiful husband, I came along as I can work remote. Yes, I give and give and give. As mentioned these are privately owned and rented by the management company, but I've seen several and all were what I expect. Lots of white cabinets and pastel art work. If you don't like that look and feel, then don't come to the carribbean.

The Good Things:
- The grounds : They keep he place very clean and updated. They are always working on something.
- The Beach is as close as you get to having your own. On the weekend I saw maybe 8 people on it. I've only ever shared it with 1 or 2 other people.
- The Pool : This is the best for me and my wife as Kidney shape pools are for kids and lounging next to. The pool here is Olympic length and Salt Water with space for two people to swim laps. Perfect! Its next to the Restaurant and has a Hot Tub section (no jets), which is good for a quick soak after a long swim.
- Breezes : The restaurant serves up good food at good prices. This is not the best in town, but when you work from the room and have only one car, which your wife takes, its great to have a solid place with good service and good drinks on the premesis.
- The Local Ex-Pats : The folks that live here half the year are great. Super nice, willing to help you plan your day and pass along contacts. First day we got a tour of one of the nicer places.
- The Location : I like that its just west of Christiansted, which has tons of great restaurants (The Courtyard, Savant, and the truly amazing lobster Wagu beef burger at 1844) and Cane Bay which has excellent snorkling and cool places to go to like Off the Wall, Above the Cliffs, Rowdys, etc. I've also found many local places nearby with cheap beer and large aluminum trays of platanos, ribs, jerk chicken, roast pork and misc veg that is great for Take Out.

The not so good:
- You need a car : You don't want to walk too far from Club St. Croix, unless your comfortable with the 'rougher' side of life in the islands. Pretty much all of St. Croix is a mix of Resorts, local businesses, housing projects, and places that were destroyed by a hurricane and never got repaired.
- If you leave something unattended like a phone or camera, it will be 'reallocated' to someone else. This is the same for anywhere on the island except the most expensive resort.
- To the east of the resort is a power plant of sorts which you can occationally hear. After 2 days I stopped noticing it.

We hope to come back to work on the island later in the year and will request Club St Croix.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views. Some of the lower rooms have only partial views of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!