“A great affordable place to stay on St Croix” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort

Save Saved
You added Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort to your Saves list
Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3280 Estate Golden Rock | Rte 752, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #12 of 16 hotels in Christiansted
Ada, Oklahoma
“A great affordable place to stay on St Croix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Club St Croix has been our place to stay for the past two visits to the beautiful island of St Croix. The place is convenient to everything, clean and the view is the best on the island! Ours was a 2-bedroom/2 bath condo and we found it nice to have a full-kitchen and also a nice restaurant, Breezes, which is open for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Be prepared to take your grocery items with you or visit the nearest supermarket if you want to cook...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wilsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

As everyone says it is not a hotel. This aside it is a great place to stay we enjoyed coffee every morning on our private patio, the breeze and sounds were very relaxing. The kitchen helped us to save a ton of money and there are two grocery stores nearby. The beach was well taken care of and the water was nice and warm. Beach towels and snorkels are available from the office and we used them often. The Breezes restaurant was a great place to eat and Christiansted is a wonderful town with a great brewery and super friendly people. If you are looking for a place that is just minutes from the hustle of Christiansted this is the place. I hope to visit and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife worked a contract in St Croix for couple weeks, and being the dutiful husband, I came along as I can work remote. Yes, I give and give and give. As mentioned these are privately owned and rented by the management company, but I've seen several and all were what I expect. Lots of white cabinets and pastel art work. If you don't like that look and feel, then don't come to the carribbean.

The Good Things:
- The grounds : They keep he place very clean and updated. They are always working on something.
- The Beach is as close as you get to having your own. On the weekend I saw maybe 8 people on it. I've only ever shared it with 1 or 2 other people.
- The Pool : This is the best for me and my wife as Kidney shape pools are for kids and lounging next to. The pool here is Olympic length and Salt Water with space for two people to swim laps. Perfect! Its next to the Restaurant and has a Hot Tub section (no jets), which is good for a quick soak after a long swim.
- Breezes : The restaurant serves up good food at good prices. This is not the best in town, but when you work from the room and have only one car, which your wife takes, its great to have a solid place with good service and good drinks on the premesis.
- The Local Ex-Pats : The folks that live here half the year are great. Super nice, willing to help you plan your day and pass along contacts. First day we got a tour of one of the nicer places.
- The Location : I like that its just west of Christiansted, which has tons of great restaurants (The Courtyard, Savant, and the truly amazing lobster Wagu beef burger at 1844) and Cane Bay which has excellent snorkling and cool places to go to like Off the Wall, Above the Cliffs, Rowdys, etc. I've also found many local places nearby with cheap beer and large aluminum trays of platanos, ribs, jerk chicken, roast pork and misc veg that is great for Take Out.

The not so good:
- You need a car : You don't want to walk too far from Club St. Croix, unless your comfortable with the 'rougher' side of life in the islands. Pretty much all of St. Croix is a mix of Resorts, local businesses, housing projects, and places that were destroyed by a hurricane and never got repaired.
- If you leave something unattended like a phone or camera, it will be 'reallocated' to someone else. This is the same for anywhere on the island except the most expensive resort.
- To the east of the resort is a power plant of sorts which you can occationally hear. After 2 days I stopped noticing it.

We hope to come back to work on the island later in the year and will request Club St Croix.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views. Some of the lower rooms have only partial views of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at the Club St. Croix for a 5 day vacation. Like everyone else pointed out, this is a time share / condo location so that has pros and cons. The Cons is that you don't have the extras you get a t a hotel such as room service, but the pros are you get more room in your room for about the same price. It provides you the options of stocking up your fridge instead of being at the mercy of over prices food and drink options in hotels. Like a hotel, you room will be cleaned but not everyday. There is a market within walking distance.

My unit was a one bedroom with a balcony looking over the beach. You can check out snorkel gear for the beach as well as towels for the beach and pool. Like everyone else pointed out, this is not a tourist trap place. We felt like we had the beach and pool all to ourselves which was good and bad as I will point out later.

The restaurant was TOP NOTCH and the prices were more than reasonable. For example I had a 8 pound lobster and 18 oz Steak for $20! Everything on the menu was great. I would go back just to eat there. The only down side is you have to eat there instead of a room service option, but the Breezes restaurant is on the property. Being that almost every night my girl friend and I were the only ones there, we made friends with the bartender and she would make us samples of the local drinks. I would HIGHLY recommend a pain killer with their Cruzan Rum if you never had one.

Now the one negative. The condo is not in the best neighborhood in the world. They DO have security but the one guy I would always see at night was not around in the day time. Like I said, there is hardly any other guest there so one afternoon while we were swimming / snorkeling, in the ocean, stupid me left a bag with my digital camera in it. And of course when we came back to shore, it was gone. We filed the police report but I had to chalk it up to the game of letting my guard down. Was I upset? Yes I was.

If it wasn't for that incident, I would give the place a higher rating. I will go back to St. Croix, but I may stay someplace else and just take a trip over to eat at the restaurant,

Room Tip: It is hit or miss with the rooms BUT once you get there, if you don't like the unit you were giv...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed at Club St. Crox, january 2012. Staff was very friendly, checked in at 530 PM front desk was closed with a not to see Dotty. Was given room key and remote for the A/C. Club St. Croix isn't your usual hotel it is infact a collection of condeminiums and timeshares individually owned and rented by Antilles resorts. My "room" in realty a exquistely beautiful 1 bedroom condo, was fantastic. When i arrived the cleaning staff were still mopping my floor. The furnishings were very modern, and had an excellent view of the beach and pool. The only thing i could find with my room was the A/C in the bedroom would trip the breaker sometimes and had to be reset. I was in unit 207 very very excellent would recommend to anyone going to st. croix probably better for a couple than a family as only 1 bed and a couch.

Onsite is the breezes restuarant, ate their twice while i was a guest and would call the food good. They dont serve any sandwiches in the evening, but the wait staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Unit 207 was excellent!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
The Pocono Mountains, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I loved Club St. Croix. My family & I were there for my niece's wedding. We spent 12 glorious days there. We enjoyed the condo being just a few feet from the beach. We hardly saw anyone else on the beach or at the pool. We loved the 2 bedroom, 2 full bath condo so much we're thinking of going back next year. So what the condo decor was a little dated it was clean & fully stocked with EVERY appliance & cooking utensil 1 could want. I made smoothies with the local fruits every morning with the blender that cane with the place for my girls & even got the fixings for brownies. The housekeeping staff were GREAT. They kept our room fully stocked, even gave us extras for the days they were not going to be around. They let us take a peek at some of the other rooms they were cleaning & they too were nice. I picked their brains on the local festivities & they were very forth coming. The lizards were plentiful but they kept my daughter entertained. She even collected a few hermit crabs from around the property & kept them as pets for our whole 12 day trip.

Room Tip: A/C worked so good...I turned it off at night. We were there 12/27/2011- 1/8/12
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Highland Village, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The problem is this is surrounded by low income housing. While on the beach, a local person was walking by and suddnely grabbed a bag on the lounge chair with the owner within 10 feet. The owner and I gave chase, but the guy jumped into the brush. Ok so it happened. Here is what bugged me. For the hour the ordeal when on, police reports, etc. not one person form the hotel or the restuarant even came out and asked about what happened. Based on what we were told, not the first time - seems to be a lot of crime at this location. No security, camera or a person to say sorry.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!