“Great Trip EXCEPT” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort

Save Saved
You added Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort to your Saves list
Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3280 Estate Golden Rock | Rte 752, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Acworth, Georgia
“Great Trip EXCEPT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at the Club St. Croix for a 5 day vacation. Like everyone else pointed out, this is a time share / condo location so that has pros and cons. The Cons is that you don't have the extras you get a t a hotel such as room service, but the pros are you get more room in your room for about the same price. It provides you the options of stocking up your fridge instead of being at the mercy of over prices food and drink options in hotels. Like a hotel, you room will be cleaned but not everyday. There is a market within walking distance.

My unit was a one bedroom with a balcony looking over the beach. You can check out snorkel gear for the beach as well as towels for the beach and pool. Like everyone else pointed out, this is not a tourist trap place. We felt like we had the beach and pool all to ourselves which was good and bad as I will point out later.

The restaurant was TOP NOTCH and the prices were more than reasonable. For example I had a 8 pound lobster and 18 oz Steak for $20! Everything on the menu was great. I would go back just to eat there. The only down side is you have to eat there instead of a room service option, but the Breezes restaurant is on the property. Being that almost every night my girl friend and I were the only ones there, we made friends with the bartender and she would make us samples of the local drinks. I would HIGHLY recommend a pain killer with their Cruzan Rum if you never had one.

Now the one negative. The condo is not in the best neighborhood in the world. They DO have security but the one guy I would always see at night was not around in the day time. Like I said, there is hardly any other guest there so one afternoon while we were swimming / snorkeling, in the ocean, stupid me left a bag with my digital camera in it. And of course when we came back to shore, it was gone. We filed the police report but I had to chalk it up to the game of letting my guard down. Was I upset? Yes I was.

If it wasn't for that incident, I would give the place a higher rating. I will go back to St. Croix, but I may stay someplace else and just take a trip over to eat at the restaurant,

Room Tip: It is hit or miss with the rooms BUT once you get there, if you don't like the unit you were giv...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed at Club St. Crox, january 2012. Staff was very friendly, checked in at 530 PM front desk was closed with a not to see Dotty. Was given room key and remote for the A/C. Club St. Croix isn't your usual hotel it is infact a collection of condeminiums and timeshares individually owned and rented by Antilles resorts. My "room" in realty a exquistely beautiful 1 bedroom condo, was fantastic. When i arrived the cleaning staff were still mopping my floor. The furnishings were very modern, and had an excellent view of the beach and pool. The only thing i could find with my room was the A/C in the bedroom would trip the breaker sometimes and had to be reset. I was in unit 207 very very excellent would recommend to anyone going to st. croix probably better for a couple than a family as only 1 bed and a couch.

Onsite is the breezes restuarant, ate their twice while i was a guest and would call the food good. They dont serve any sandwiches in the evening, but the wait staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Unit 207 was excellent!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
The Pocono Mountains, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I loved Club St. Croix. My family & I were there for my niece's wedding. We spent 12 glorious days there. We enjoyed the condo being just a few feet from the beach. We hardly saw anyone else on the beach or at the pool. We loved the 2 bedroom, 2 full bath condo so much we're thinking of going back next year. So what the condo decor was a little dated it was clean & fully stocked with EVERY appliance & cooking utensil 1 could want. I made smoothies with the local fruits every morning with the blender that cane with the place for my girls & even got the fixings for brownies. The housekeeping staff were GREAT. They kept our room fully stocked, even gave us extras for the days they were not going to be around. They let us take a peek at some of the other rooms they were cleaning & they too were nice. I picked their brains on the local festivities & they were very forth coming. The lizards were plentiful but they kept my daughter entertained. She even collected a few hermit crabs from around the property & kept them as pets for our whole 12 day trip.

Room Tip: A/C worked so good...I turned it off at night. We were there 12/27/2011- 1/8/12
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Highland Village, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The problem is this is surrounded by low income housing. While on the beach, a local person was walking by and suddnely grabbed a bag on the lounge chair with the owner within 10 feet. The owner and I gave chase, but the guy jumped into the brush. Ok so it happened. Here is what bugged me. For the hour the ordeal when on, police reports, etc. not one person form the hotel or the restuarant even came out and asked about what happened. Based on what we were told, not the first time - seems to be a lot of crime at this location. No security, camera or a person to say sorry.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

First off, I usually don’t write reviews because most hotels are Ok. However Club St. Croix deserves some remarks.
I stayed at Club St.Croix on business for almost 4 weeks, the overall condition of the condo is old and out dated, however some owners may chose to update their condo’s, and the condition of the rooms maybe better. The rooms are cleaned on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. If you need something on the off days, well good luck with your request. I must also share with you the facts regarding little critters roaming inside the rooms, cockroaches, small inch worms and mosquitoes were a normal occurrence.
The beach is corral sand, and I saw no maintenance for the entire time that I was at the resort. You will find a continuous pile of sea weed at the shore line, and weeds growing in the beach sand.
The electrical generation facilities next to the resort is very noisy, if you’re an aviation nut you will love the constant sound of the turbine generators, if you’re not an aviation nut you may not like that constant noise. It truly sounds like your next to the airport waiting for the airplane to depart, but it never departs.
I love to walk and see the site’s, I wouldn’t recommend that activity to anyone visiting this resort. St. Croix has a huge violent crime issue; there is nothing within a SAFE walking distance of this resort. You will find old abandoned apartments between Club St. Croix and downtown Christenstead. In the evening you will find all types of people roaming around that area and most are up taking part in things that I have no interest in. Matter of fact some local’s want recommend walking around the town area during the day, and certainly not at night, during the daylight maybe, but once the sun goes down you’re on your own. If you find this unbelievable just Google crime in St. Croix, and see what you find.
This place and the Island are not on my return too list, and if this is to tough to believe, well come on down and try it for yourself.

Room Tip: You need to know which owner has updated their condo's
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I want to be as honest as possible when it comes to this resort. First off I must say I had a fantastic time visiting St. Croix. I'd recommend it to anyone, the people there a friendly and if you love the beach and a laid back atmosphere St. Croix is a vacation you must take. As for St. Croix Resort, the staff were A+, very nice and accommodating. Do keep in mind these are condos are owned by individual people so the upkeep is a shot in the dark, this resort is not an actual hotel so you don't get the amenities a traditional hotel would offer, this is like having your own apartment. I did like having the accommodation of an apartment b/c we were able to cut down cost on food, we stocked up on groceries from the store and were able to make breakfast in the mornings, etc.

We were able to check out snorkeling gear and kayaks, extra towels for free (as long as they were returned). That was a definite plus, we put them all to use.

The perk of the apartment: my fiancé and I shared a 1 bedroom apartment, full kitchen, living area, balcony facing the beach. My mother, grandmother and kids had a two bedroom apartment....this was great b/c there was ample space for everyone. There is one pool on location, we were there for 7 day and NEVER shared the pool with anyone. The traffic at this resort is very minimal, we loved it. It was like having our own personal pool. The kids loved it and put it to use every single day. The restaurant, Breezes which is one site was great. Never had a bad meal there. Just like the pool, we never shared the small beach either.

Now for the interior: I must say I am extremely particular about the cleanliness and newness of places I reside for any length of time. My expectations might be a little higher than any typical individual.....so this is where my ONLY complaint comes in. The interior of this resort is dated, very dated so if you can't get around that you might want to try more of an upscale resort. The place we initially were given had a ring in the toilet, the tub looked like it could stand to be replaced; actually the bathroom and kitchen looked like it could stand to be gutted and replaced as a whole. Once we went to the staff to get the rooms switched, the second place we were given was a notch up. The bathrooms and kitchen we still very dated, but much cleaner. I wasn't at my utmost comfortable there (due to the dated feel) but I made due. Please note I am very particular about these things, especially when it comes to a bathroom (which were only doable).

Remember, these condos are individually owned so some are much nicer/rundown than others. So, it's kind of like gambling staying here. I'd recommend it if you don't mind 2 star interior accommodations, while keeping in mind everything else this resort has to offer comes with no complaint.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I have never met more friendly, hospitable or pleasant people in all my world travel than I have at Club St. Croix. Many of the people here were long term residents or their visitors, and all were very happy to be in such a paradise. The grounds are lovingly cared for by an older couple who live here year round. The office is staffed by friendly women willing to give advice on restaurants and activities around the island. The restaurant on site, Breezez, is one of the best on the island for lunch and dinner with large, beautifully presented, delicious meals! The rooms can vary widely, but are basically large and comfortable with kitchens that include utensils, full size stove and refrigerator! The pool and hot tub are perfect and well-maintained. There isn't much more to ask for at this price. Renting a car gets you to all the best snorkeling beaches!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!