“Close to shopping and ferry” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Comanche

You added Club Comanche to your Saves list
Club Comanche
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Strand St | Waterfront boardwalk, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Midway Park, North Carolina
“Close to shopping and ferry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed two nights at Club Comanche during our honeymoon. All of the staff was wonderful and very helpful. The hotel is located right next to the boardwalk that has lots of shopping and restaurants. There isn't a beach in Christiansted, but it is close to a ferry that takes you over to the Cay that has a "private" beach owned by the only hotel on the little island.
I was disappointed that with so few people being there since we came in the middle of the week, that we didn't get one of the rooms that had a mini fridge and microwave. We only saw a couple other people there during the same time we were and having the mini fridge and microwave would have cut down on our food expense dramatically. Christiansted is an expensive place to eat (most dinners were around $85 for 2 people) and instead of scarfing our food down and stuffing ourselves, we would have liked to have saved left overs for later.
A lot of other reviews said that there was a bar near there that was very loud and gave people issues at night. We didn't have that experience at all. You could hear people off in the distance, but they didn't sound like they were right next to your window. Maybe it was where our room was located or the fact that it was the middle of the week, but it sounded like any other city as we went to bed.
The bed moves. A lot. You can't lean against it at all without it shifting. There also wasn't much for hot water (maybe this is a Caribbean thing? We had this issue at another hotel in Puerto Rico too) and we tried both at night and in the early morning. Even though it was warm during the day, 6 am ice showers were less than ideal. I guess I can't complain about not being awake for our morning flight off the island!

Room Tip: Request a room with a mini fridge!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Thomas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

After getting off the seaplane in Christiansted, we rented a car at Budget and asked the lady where Club Comanche was. She instructed us it was just around the corner. Most of the streets are one ways so it was already tough enough. We drove around and around trying to find this place with no luck. Christiansted is not that big, just a few streets so by this time we were very irritated. We stopped and asked the locals and again they said "right around the corner." There was no sign for this place and no parking. Finally a local on foot, showed us the way and told us where to park. Thank goodness we found someone otherwise I was about to check into a different hotel and cancel my reservation. Already annoyed that we drove around for an hour, we checked in and a lady brought us to our room. (The best service we had all along). When we got in there we tested the ac...it took about 30 minutes to even turn on and when it did it wasn't even cold. When we left the room, the ac would turn off because they were trying to "go green," which is great except for it took 30 minutes to turn back on. There was an inch and a half gap under the door, the place was very noisy as there was a bar underneath it and the windows don't open so you can't get fresh air. Oh yea, and the tv had ten channels, although 2 only had sound. All in all, the place was too old, needed better ac and not comfortable after days out on the island.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I visited Club Comanche for business, and this was by far the most memorable hotel I have ever stayed at because of the age and architecture of the building. Loved the interior decor, wide staircases, old-fashioned elevator, and converted, one-of-a-kind rooms. It is also on the waterfront, steps from bars and great restaurants. Drawbacks: you can hear everything--I mean everything--through the floors and walls! I had a full conversation with my friend through the floor below me. Also, we had to search for the front desk staff more than once. Still, a fascinating hotel and worth the experience.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house. The rooms by the pool are very small and not nearly as nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

It was very important that I got a good night's rest given I'm a medical provider on business. I was to see patients early the next morning. Although it was a challenge to sleep through the music from the Rum & Wine Bar (which I could completely understand given it being Friday night), I was awaken by a rogue alarm going off in the next room. The walls seem paper thin given the all wooden strucuture. When I attempted to reach the front desk, of course I couldn't. The front desk staff also served as the bartender. So, my question is, if I had an emergency even slightly more imminent, would I've been able to reach someone for assistance? No.
I had to walk down, in my pajamas, to locate help. When I found a hotel staff, she directed me to the drunk guest who attempted to turn the alarm off to no avail. Apparently, it wasn't his room.
This is a serious problem. I do not intend to come back.

• Stayed September 2013
Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is going to be my new favorite place to go hang out in town. I went to a birthday party last night in the courtyard and WHAT FUN. It is a beautiful location and the food was wonderful and the service people could not have been nicer. The wine bar offers 4 glasses for $20.00 and a really nice selection of wines along with a full bar. I would highly recommend stopping by to this wonderful historic place in the heart of Christiansted. Ask Jack (the owner) to tell you some of the history. Very interesting. I have not stayed in the rooms but will make a point of doing so for an on Island Get-A-Way. Cheers

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms in the main area were clean and comfortable. The rooms off the pool were clean enough. I travel alone so did not appreciate being put in a room off the pool area during a time when there were few guests. It is rather remote. As it turned out I was robbed of my phone out of my hand when I was entering my room one evening. I was not offered another room even though I voiced my concern. The staff during the rest of my stay were pleasant enough and one was extremely helpful. I do not recommend this hotel but it is located in a great geographic area.

Room Tip: One in the main area even though there are many stairs and elevator wasn't working while I was t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel on a business trip. To start with, there is no parking for guests staying in the hotel. The access to the rooms is kind of annoying, specially if you are carrying three pieces of luggage. There are no elevators and it seems you are in a maze trying to find your room. The A/C in the room was not working, and even when I complained the problem was not fixed. The internet signal is bad. I checked out the same night and went to another hotel. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Club Comanche? Share your experiences!