This review is way overdue but I'm here now. For the week we stayed it was a pleasant experience, the cabin we stayed in was very quaint and comfortable. We always had towels (believe me we needed them) and even when we didn't the staff was quick to get some for us.
The kitchenette was a nice feature when we wanted to cook for ourselves. The restaurant I'd give a 5 out of 5, the atmosphere was always calm and not crowded. The waiters/waitresses were top notch and super nice. Food was great, only thing I didn't enjoy were the mosquito's since its all outdoors, but that was up to us to bring the repellent though I've seen some restaurants across the island that had repellent at the entrance.
Pool I can't say for sure how it was because we had an ocean all to ourselves so we never swam in it. From the looks of it it was very nice and beautiful at night with the lights. Swimming was fun but you'd have to go out a bit to get away from all the underwater weeds and grass. If you want some great snorkeling all you have to do is jump on in and head to your right past a boat that's anchored out a ways and a little beyond that is a beautiful coral reef with tons of fish. A caution for those who do go out, the waters are a bit choppy but nothing a healthy individual couldn't handle. Not sure if it was just that day but I had to sometimes fight from being smashed into the coral so stay a safe distance away.
If you want a hotel that's not buzzing with a ton of people, hidden away, quiet, has a great restaurant, and a beach and ocean that isn't too crowded then this is the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.