Burke, Patty & Big D made us feel more like family than guests at this beautiful beachside resort. This was our first trip to St. Croix and, based upon our experiences at Chenay Bay, we cannot wait to return! This resort is the picture of a Caribbean vacation with gorgeous cottage accommodations, delicious food (try the Mahi!), excellent service and fantastic snorkeling and kayaking all with the gorgeous whitesand beach in the background.
We rented a car from Budget and received excellent customer service. We were fortunate enough to rent the Sebring convertible which only added to the good times. This allowed for easy island exploration at our leisure.
In terms of dining, I would definitely recommend Chenay to start with. We had breakfast, lunch (mahi of course!) and dinner (huge yummy servings) and all were wonderfully prepared and served. We also enjoyed Cheeseburgers in America's Paradise, Deep End (try Mahi - taco and sandwich), RumRunners (try Mahi sandwich and fish & chips), Fort Christian Brew Pub, Sharkey's (great wings), Savant (eclectic menu, Parisian atmosphere, great winelist)...bottom line is that you cannot go wrong on the island. We enjoy a variety of different dishes and were able to find them all. If I forgot to mention...try the MAHI ;)
If you are a wine fan, Schooner Bay has a great selection. Cakebread cabernet is a favorite of ours and we were pleased it in stock and reasonably priced.
All in all, staying at Chenay Bay made our vacation what is was. We could not have picked a better place to stay for our first our first visit to St. Croix. Should you have the opportunity to stay there, I highly recommend it....tell Burke, Patty and Big D that Dustin & Katie say hello from Kentucky!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands