First the bed was the absolutely worst bed I have ever, and I mean ever encountered in any of my travels.
The first night they had issues with the cisterns so we had no water for bathing,
Move the next day to another unit. Which was a good thing because overnight, the room was invaded by these little centipede looking critters.
Maid told me that they were only an issue in the "Uphill" rooms, and since we were moving, they should not be an issue. and they weren't, unless you were in one of the "uphill rooms" and the other rooms were full.
From the first day, internet was iffy at the first room, all they have is wireless, and some rooms have coverage and some do not.
On the 2nd day, lost all internet, this was a WORKING trip for me so not having internet, when it was part of the package I agreed to made my life much harder.
When talking to the desk, they said the only guy who could fix it was "Up North" ( The U.S.) and would not be back for another week... That's B.S.
Will not be staying here again, and would recommend that you not do so either.
I will say that the staff was very friendly, even if they could not fix any of the issues I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Odigeo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands