We were there for 6 days 5 nights- great deal from Groupon, it is comfortable.JetBlue & Seaborne Airlines nice and friendly - so was Cape Air upon our return home. Taxi for 2 $28 from airport about 35min or so. Keep on mind not full service resort at all. Front desk hours 8am -8 pm. Sometimes phone will ring awhile if no one is at desk. Had a cottage unit with a furnished kitchenette comes in handy seriously. No hard line phone in cottage, WFI handy works best by front desk area and Mahis Seafood. Flat screen tv with cable. My cell phone service T-Mobile didn't work well on island so depended on WIFI. The pool wasnt cleaned daily which needed to be from leaves and stuff do didnt get in at all, the grounds were so so looks like some remodeling, lots of small lizards moving around -make sure to get bugs spray. Mahis Seafood is depending on day/time if lucky will have a cook, no veggie burgers at all my whole stay that sucked but Nina the bartender makes "EXCELLENT" Cruzan Confussions. Loved the 1 mile ocean front take that walk worth it with the tent campsites.Snorkeling was fine, Water felt good hang out by beach.
Food options- no fast good deliveries places, best to rent car - if able to stay on left side of road- but if needed take taxi to local restaurants. Duggans Reef, Cheeseburger Paradise (which is great ) you can also walk to we did less than 15 mins, Cantinas. Best to go to market and buy your own food. Seen a few people bring in own mini grills as well. There is a laundry room $2 to wash & $2 to dry. 1 dryer 1 washer bring own laundry supplies, the front has stuff for a fee. Christenstad was ok but not much opened shops/restaurants closed early as well, use caution late night, not much of nightlife happening. Take Captian Morgan and Cruzan Rum tours. We also feed the pigs O'Douls in rainforest. We went to Udull Point and Isaacs Bay that was great prepare for short hike though worth it. If you get a chance take a drive of island beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands