Chenay Bay Beach Resort is a very relaxing and very friendly beach resort on the lovely north- eastern side of the island of St. Croix. We stayed for six nights in one of the spacious cabins, replete with a fully stocked kitchenette. The swimming pool is clear and large, with only a few guests each morning or afternoon enjoying the sun, and one afternoon I had the pool to myself. The beach with clean soft sand is only a few feet away, and it never seemed to have more than a dozen or so people itself. There is a nice beach bar that serves a tasty luncheon menu, and you can get dinner there if you choose. There are snorkels and fins for guests to use, but the resort did not have kayaks or sailboats. The resort was quick to fix any complaints we had with kitchen equipment, and were very generous with beach towels and other amenities.
There is a snack breakfast with juice and coffee available, but Chenay is not a breakfast restaurant. The beach is so picturesque and enjoyable that most days there are even a few people from nearby homes who come to the beach to swim and snorkel, or enjoy lunch and drinks at the beach front bar. All the beaches in St. Croix are open to the public, and it is a compliment to have a few visitors, since the choices are so many.
The complimentary Wi-Fi service in our room worked very well, as did the television, which has a full range of stateside channels. We had a private veranda that overlooked the pool and the bay, and the whole effect of the resort was charming. We had a rental car, which was necessary to get to nearby food stores or to visit some of the islands' many tourist destinations. The resort is just east of "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" which is a fun place to eat. All in all we spent a delightful six days at Chenay Bay Beach Resort, and I would recommend it highly to people who want a secluded and relaxing place to stay on St. Croix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands