Chenay Bay is a great place if you want to relax and enjoy the peaceful waves lapping on the beach. We arrived during a thunderstorm and were given a villa on the second row. Staff were mopping the floor and told us that the AC unit was dripping (very close to the bottom of the bed and drawers where we would have stored clothes). The television did not work either, so we walked down to the reception and as soon as we said we were not happy, we were allocated another villa (No. 48) which was overlooking the sea and had more space as the 'second bed' was a pull out sofa. Our 14 year old complained it was uncomfortable when opened out and so he slept on it without opening. The service for the room was great! Thoroughly cleaned every day, beds made up and clean fresh towels. One day we left dirty dishes as we rushed off after breakfast and they were washed up too. The two ring 'stove' was old and took forever to heat, but we used the microwave and mostly ate out. The guest laundry was closed but I was allowed to use the service laundry for $2 wash + $2 dry + $2 for powder. Great to get everything done for the last days and not go home with dirty clothes! We enjoyed the rocking chairs on the porch and watched wee lizards running around. Our teenager rented a kayak for two days (not on site but close by) and enjoyed snorkeling in the bay. The beach was raked clean every morning and had sunbeds and shades. The pool had a few leaves and some sand (just from people jumping in straight from the beach I thought), but we enjoyed swimming in it. Cats came to visit and enjoyed some food with us! The short drive to Christiansted along the winding roads, for any shopping, or sightseeing was enjoyable in our hired car. All in all a relaxing break in a beautiful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands