My girlfriend and I stayed there for 7 days. I would have given this resort 4 out of 5 however I cannot in good faith do so after our experience.
First the positives: The desk staff was very friendly and the security staff at night also interacted with us in a friendly manner as well. The landscaping was very tropical and, with the exception of traveling during a time when it appeared they were doing some improvements, was gorgeous. The view from our cottage over the water was breathtaking. The (stray) cats were friendly, but expected beggars. The bar/restaurant area is open and was maintained decently on the surface. The beach is seconds to get to and picturesque. Lots of nearby places to go from the resort. Easy daily drive to Christiansted.
The negatives: The pool could have been maintained better. The area around it is fine, but the bottom of the pool looks like it could have used a few laps of a pool vac. The exterior of our fridge in our villa showed signs of rust, but nothing that anyone could hurt themselves over.
The service to our rooms for towels and turn-down was inconsistent - some days we'd come back to fresh towels and a made bed, some days they clearly didn't bother to stop by. One morning they knocked on the door when we were still there. We asked if they could come back in an hour and she replied that they cannot stop back and that it was our only chance or else they leave for the day (we conceded to leave the room unserviced that day).
Finally, the experience would have been fine had we not come across some critters. Our 3rd night there we saw about 4-5 roaches running around in the kitchen area. We notified the staff immediately and they said they would send maintenance to have it sprayed immediately. By the evening before our departure we saw another 2-3 scurrying around again. I captured one to show management that this is an issue. We never kept food out (everything we bought required refrigeration). I'm not sure if it was just the villa we stayed in (#19), but I"m sure many of you would agree the sight of these bugs can totally destroy you sense of cleanliness and comfort of where you are staying.
Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful place even if it's just for a visit and I would recommend coming for the sunset in a second. And as mentioned before, I would've given this place a 4 out of 5, but as you can see from our pictures our experience fell short on some sensitive areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands