This place is really wonderful, based on my definition of wonderful. Quiet, cute, fantastic staff (the manager of the resort especially) and a million dollar view. Look at the photos and judge for yourself.
My wife and I came for a few days and stayed over a week. We loved the cottage feel and the staff that made us feel at home. The beach isn’t a mob scene, the pool we often had to ourselves, and the front porch of our cottage was a great place to watch the sunset.
On the other hand, if you want a rocking bar, blaring music and crowds, this is not the place for you.
The long and short:
*Some cottages have been renovated, some are very nice but older.
*The restaurant is always slow, and we didn’t try it. So the jury is out there.
*Unlike the big resorts, they don’t spray the beach daily with chemicals. During the day we had no issues at all with no-see-ums. At dusk they were an annoyance. My wife loves that the beach is comparatively chemical free, I don’t mind good-helpful-chems. So it’s a split camp.
Stay here and you won’t be sorry.
Words of advice:
*You’ll need a car on this island. Period.
*Eat at Ziggy’s for lunch, or Eat @ Cane Bay. Both are amazing.
*Swim at Cane Bay before or after lunch. Great beach right across the street from the restaurant.
*Hike Point Udall, it is stunningly beautiful. If you go all the way to Isaac Bay you will have a world class beach all to yourself. It’s a breathtaking 20-30 minute hike. Park at the lot 200 feet or so from the point. You can’t miss it. You’ll notice glass in little piles. The locals occasionally drive out there to plunder parked cars. Leave your windows and doors open, with nothing in the car. Counter-intuitive, I know. But it works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Odigeo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands