We loved this hotel. After reading some reviews about it being dated, we were a little concerned but it really didnt matter because the positives out weighed that. The rooms were clean. The staff pleasant and friendly. The restaurant wasn't open but that didnt matter to us because we wanted to explore the other restaurants on the island anyway. It was great being so close to the beach. The snorkeling was great. We loved having a mini kitchen and the fact that we had a seperate little cabin. We felt like it was very private because of how the little porches are set up.
We were all over the island and saw the outside of the other hotels. They really didn't seem that much better, especially considering those hotels were a significant amount more money.
The pool needs some work, but why swim in a pool when you can swim in the Caribbean sea! I would recommend renting a vehicle so you can easily get to everything the island has to offer. I would recommend this no matter where you stay. Everything is far apart.
We wish there were kayaks available at the hotel because we would have loved to kayak in chenay bay.
I loved the plants, flowers, and scenery at the hotel. We brought our tablet and had access to internet the entire time we were there from our room...not that you want to be on the internet all the time when you are on vacation!
This was a very relaxing environment. We felt safe and at home. The location was perfect. When we go back to st croix we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands