The property is very nice with a great view. The problem is with the people who work there and the locals that go to the bar and pool.
The problems (or should I say attitude) started at check in. The young lady at the desk seemed to be inconvenienced by our arrival and her “I really don’t want to do this attitude” was very apparent. We had reservations and arrived about an hour early for check in, we spent the hour walking the beach and looking around, THREE hours later we were given the key to our room. The room was fine and well cleaned.
Later that night at the bar some locals where having some drinks (Not a problem), but the language coming out of them was! I am a retired Sailor so language is not usually an issue with me, but when literally every 2nd or 3rd word is F%#K. Well I did ask the individual making most of the comments to please watch his language, let’s just say it got to the point that my wife and myself decided it was better to leave the bar than chance an altercation. This actually happened on two separate occasions, we finally stopped going.
The Pool, yes it is hot in St Croix, and yes kids love pools, but if locals are going to bring their children to the pool at least stop them from splashing and annoying the guests. (Why did I spend the money to go to a resort ??)
We actually left this place (eating the cost) and moved to a different hotel.
Overall, the stay in St. Croix was great as long as we left the resort, I will never stay at this place again. If you are planning on a trip to St. Croix try Sand Castle on the Beach Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands