My husband and I kept saying "if someone would just come in and put a little bit of money into this place it could be really nice". The beach and pool are great, and we enjoyed the food and wait staff at the restaurant. However, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. Based on reviews, we requested and received a "renovated room". Our phone didn't work the entire week, so every time we had a problem we had to walk down to the front desk to talk with them about it. Our shower didn't work on day one, but it was fixed in 30 minutes. Our remote was missing, but it was replaced within an hour. We only had one actual pillow on our two beds for the entire family -- and we didn't notice this until the office had closed, so we had to sleep on shams (eek) the first night. The towels were thin and worn -- I found a lot of hairs that did not belong to my family on them. We encountered a cockroach in our bathroom (which is hard to avoid in those kinds of environments). We decided to get the villa so we could buy groceries and cook. If you are thinking of doing this, there are a few things you should know. If you don't have a car, you really are stuck at this location. They offer a shuttle for two for $24 to go to the grocery. Once at the grocery, a box of cereal costs $8. Island prices for sure. We bought the staples, but our cooking experience was rough going. The two burner stovetop is crammed behind the door -- a toaster and a coffee pot are on a shelf above the stove and a microwave takes the entire counter space. Every morning, we had to shuffle all of the items to have coffee, toast, and eggs -- you just can't use it all at the same time. Meanwhile, the door keeps falling into the cook unless you prop it up with a chair. The furniture on the balcony: two plastic chairs and one plastic table. We spent a lot of time out there -- it would have been great to have comfortable outdoor chairs. A local gave us the update that the place is going through transition and has new management. My advice -- wait until they work the kinks out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands