We travelled to St. Croix and Chenay Bay for our fifth visit in as many years and the novelty has not worn off. Meeting Charmaine each time, it's like we haven't left. We always stop for groceries on the way from the airport, unload and unpack and by 8:00 pm on Saturday, we've got cocktails on the deck with Segovia playing softly in the background. We absolutely love the cabin versus hotel fomat: no neighbors above, below or on either side. We have stayed in unit 18 a couple of times because we like being removed from the more heavily travelled pathways. I have seen people complain about this and that and I will state that it is not a Bucaneer style resort, but we don't like Bucaneer-style resorts. It's quite laid back, as are the fellow guests. There are some folks we've seen several times and it lends to a more comfortable experience. I strongly suggest people research before they go. Your stay at Cheam is going to be very unstructured, quiet in the evenings and it seldom seems crowded. I can honestly say that I have not had any of the troubles others write about. I have arrived late on a Saturday, but I've called ahead and there haven't been any issues that others have described. I already have my airline tickets for our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.