i stayed at chenay bay one night, then promptly checked out the next morning and went to the buccaneer. i didn't feel safe. when i got to my room at the top of a hill (which i walked to on an unlit path by myself for at least 10 minutes), it was unlocked and the front door was wide open. the mini-blinds on the front door were broken such that anyone outside my room could see in/me, which was disconcerting. i was there for work and the guys i was with enjoyed it and would stay there again.
the plus side is the beach bar and beach are awesome/really fun, but i would never stay at the hotel portion again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands