I admit, there are signs of delayed maintenance here, particularly in comparison to the Buccaneer where we stayed last time. But this isn't a 4.5-star resort. It is a quaint collection of cottages, with a top-notch, East-side location, gorgeous private beach, nice pool, great bar and restaurant for a reasonable price. Being more of a laid-back type, I loved the concept of the cottages. Your own private porch, a kitchenette to save on meals out, it even included a jetted tub! The food at Mahi's was very good and very reasonable. The bar specials are a great value as well. The pool was lovely, with three shallow areas you could lounge in overlooking the beach.
The downsides, yes, there are cats around, but I didn't find them annoying. If you don't feed them, they just move on to the next table of suckers. Noseeyums (tiny bugs) can be rough, especially if you're allergic to the bites, so partake of the communal bug spray well before dusk. Yes, the hottub is gone (but really, it's the Caribbean, did you want to sit in a hot tub?) and the pool chairs look a little past their prime.
If they find a buyer for this place and invest just a little bit in maintenance and a few upgrades, they will have one of the nicest resorts around. But even if they don't, they still have a reasonably-priced, family-friendly resort that is a joy to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands