Just got back home and so glad I am. I told my husband I should go to the doctor for all these noseeum bites I got. The staff says "don't scratch um" if something itchs, what do u do? This is the true name for these bugs I googled them. I would take pics of my legs, but CBBR would get no more visitors. Not trying to hurt their business, just speaking truth here. I blame myself in a way for not doing the research on tripadvisor first. The staff says the bugs ARE bad this time of yr. It's better to come in Dec. Well thanks alot since I am here now in Oct 2011. We did'nt rent a car, which I regret. We had to walk or get a taxi for $12 round trip up into the downtown area, anything further is more. The breakfast was good, but the next day and the next they did'nt have the grits that I ordered the first day. You have to rent a car, or u will walk the roads like we did one day just to see what was near for something to do. The hottub was not working no day that we were there. 1 wk. I really should have done my research on this one. We have been to every caribbean island (just about) there is and we have never been bitten the way that we were there. I'm glad it's Fall here now because if it was Summer people would wonder "what the hell happened to you, r u contagious or something" I can wear my long pants and sleeves until I heal. And I won't have to b iching like a junkie or something. Please people do the research, check tripadvisor for the real reviews like your getting here. If u call and ask they may not tell u the whole truth. The good: private cottages with porch and nice views. Safe grounds. The Breakfast. Time spent with my husband. Privacy on beach. Clean rooms although no maid service unless u request it. The cats were fun to play with. Next time we will stay @the Palms. Very good reviews there. So beware of the no-see-ums, or u will get bit the Hell up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands