I have been to St. Croix 7-8 times over the past 20 years, usually staying with family.
I had been to the beach at Chenay Bay, but never stayed there. I was a little apprehensive when I learned the week before that the parent company was in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
My wife and two teen sons were in one cabin type unit with 2 beds. The unit had a new full size fridge and new appliances and woodwork. Bathroom was only partially done but clean. The bed I slept in was very comfortable. No view from our unit (#25) as we were in the back. I was satisifed with the unit. The pool was great with fantastic view of the Bay and Green Key. They never did fill it fully to make the infintity portion and the fountains work. Beach was nice. There are some grasses on the bottom, but there was decent snorkling 200 yards out. Last day they were opening new snorkle gear. I was a little disappointed that there were no boats as advertised. Staff was somewhat accomodating but not friendly and never volunteered any help. Restaurant was good. We had 2 dinners, breakfasts and lunches over the 6 day stay. Not fine dining but solid with good very friendly service and never a dud meal. $5 burger night was a bargain. You do need a car if you stay here. I like being away from Christensted because it is safer. They even had a security guard at night though I never felt like they needed it. I would definitely stay here again. Check the ownership status as I heard a rumor that the parent company in bankruptcy may sell Chenay Bay soon.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.