The Palms at the Pelican Cove is the place to go if you would like to leave the hectic, busy, scheduled life you live at home!!
From the moment you arrive the highly professional management and staff at The Palms are there to make sure all your needs are met and that you shouldn't have a care in the world, except of course to have a wonderful time.
The Palms at Pelican Cove is located just a little west of the town of Christiansted. So you have easy access should you want to go into town to shop or for a meal.
The beach and shoreline at The Palms is very dramatic as the waves of the beautiful turquoise water break over the coral reef to create white surf. You could just sit and watch it for hours. The reef is far enough out so that you can very easily enjoy a leisurely swim or spend some time snorkeling right in front of your hotel! Chuck (the owner) is more than happy to take his guests out snorkeling each afternoon usually around 2 p.m. He is incredibly knowledgeable and respectful of marine life. So if its your first snorkeling experience you have nothing to worry about. You are in great hands and are about to have a fantastic time!
The Palms is undergoing renovations and you would never know it, because, you don't see anything construction and there is literally no noise. They must have a very well organized construction crew and clearly hotel management has put careful consideration into filling their rooms and accommodating their guests so as not to interfere with their holiday. The room I was in was not completely renovated but had all beautiful new furniture and a new bed that was as comfortable as my own bed at home and that is saying a lot!!
I had a chance to see some of the rooms that were complete and they are
Every room has its own balcony and or porch and I would have to say that the views are superb.
The rooms are kept squeaky clean by housekeeping and if there is anything you need they are more than happy to accommodate you in a very timely fashion.
The Palms has a large open air bar with chairs around it and then set back from the bar are couches and tables. They have wireless internet service in the bar area. There is a formal dining room or you can dine right on the edge of the beach in their gazebo, my personal favorite spot.
The food is excellent and its service with a smile and efficiency.
The front desk staff are eager to assist you in any way possible. If you want to sail, hike, house tours, horseback riding etc... they have plenty of resources.
The general manager of the hotel, Julie, is delightful and has a great sense of humor. Julie is very hands on and makes it her personal business that her guests are comfortable and well taken care of.
I was on this vacation with family and friends and we all had a fantastic time! We came home smiling.
I will definitely be returning to The Palms at Pelican Cove and will tell as
many people as I can about it.
St. Croix is a beautiful island and it has a gem, The Palms at Pelican Cove.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.