I did not know that a RELAXING family vacation could be possible, but our week long stay at the Palms at Pelican Cove proved me wrong.
Our fantastic week started with an amazing glimpse at an endangered turtle on the beach front of the hotel the first night we arrived. From that night on, we were always invited by the owners of the hotel to watch out for hatching baby turtles each evening, just before dusk.
The kids loved the swimming pool and snorkeling. The owner of the hotel was very helpful and taught the kids the necessary basics of snorkeling. My husband and I also enjoyed the peacefulness of the place and taking walks on the quiet beach.
The owners of the hotel also assisted us in experiencing all of the wonders of St. Croix, including a day trip to Buck Island where snorkeling skills were put to the test (we also saw a dolphin and small sharks!), a horsebackriding trip through the rain forest and even watching a pig drink beer!
The food at The Palms was FANTASTIC. I can't say enough about the food. Thumbs up to the chefs. As a vegetarian, I had no trouble finding meatless dishes and even more amazingly, I had no problem finding meals for my picky children. With the ocean literally only a few feet away from the dining area, the combination of the ambience and the delicious food was a heavenly treat -- the icing on the cake for the most relaxing family vacation ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands