The Palms was just our style. Not ostentatious yet very enjoyable. The food was delicious and the portions were perfect. We visited during the first week in April at the end of the popular season which was perfect.
One tip: Don't sit under the palm trees at poolside unless you don't mind having a "friend" literally drop in on you! (See pictures). Mr Iguana landed 6 inches behind my lounge chair and I'm sure the shrieks were heard in Christiansted! One more tip: take your GPS with you if you are renting a car at the airport. It's a tricky place to find without one.
Rooms were clean, large and the bed was very comfortable. (Same pillow top as home).
Soooooo, good food, clean room, comfortable bed, quiet surroundings and friendly staff. What more could you ask for?
Try them out. We'll go back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands