I have stayed at this resort a number of times over the last 20 years or so. Although the name has changed a number of times and it once lay abandoned for a long time, it is today a wonderful place to stay in St Croix. The snorkeling is really good and you can see hundreds of fish in fairly shallow water. This makes snorkeling comfortable for almost everyone. One caveat though, be very careful in rough weather. During WWII, from what I was told, the US Army engineers blew a hole in the reef to land goods and personnel. That hole is right in the middle of the beach there and about 50 - 60 feet off shore. During rough weather the waves that come in over the elk horn coral on either side of the break build up inside the reef and have no place to go except through that hole. The rip current there can be very dangerous and that break is where the best fish viewing during snorkeling is.
Rooms are large and comfortable with beautiful tropical views and the food and drinks are very good.
Of course all this is a bit pricy but really not bad for the location.
If you rent a car be very careful and alert at all times as they drive on the LEFT side of the street there. Although the natives do watch out for the tourists, if you don't stay alert every minute when driving you very likely will have an accident.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands