“Amazing Location for your Event!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms at Pelican Cove

You added The Palms at Pelican Cove to your Saves list
The Palms at Pelican Cove
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4126 La Grande Princesse, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Special Offer
2 NIGHTS FREE!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cumberland, RI
“Amazing Location for your Event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Palms was the location for a 60th Birthday Party I just hosted.It was a beautiful, well decorated event. The food was sooooo good, all the guest kept raving about it. Julie, the Sales Manager made my life easy.I told her the ideas that I wanted and the staff put it all together. The party was the" happening event " of the vacation,as my guests referred to it!
Talk about efficiency, precision, and great hosts! The Palms have it all.
After it was all over, I was treated to luxury in the beautiful suite overlooking the beautiful blue water, where I relaxed and had a good night's sleep.
This is definitely a "one stop shop" A good location for your event and stay. Way to go Palms...See you again next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family of 5 traveled to St Croix in July 2013. We had a wonderful stay at The Palms at Pelican Cove. Our view was beautiful. The snorkeling excursion was great with someone who really knew the waters and the species we encountered. The room was very clean and the property was kept very well. My daughters loved the iguanas!!! We ate on the property several times and all of the meals were very good and in such a relaxed atmosphere. The sunrises were breathe taking. This is a trip that we will take again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hooksett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Palms was a beautiful hotel. From the minute we arrived for our honeymoon to the minute we drove away, the staff went above and beyond. Our room was always very clean with pretty flowers and crisp towels. We had a minor inconvenience with our air conditioning that leaked and Louis, the jack of all trades, came and fixed it right away. The on site bar and restaurant were great and had a large variety of food and beverage options. The bar and front office staff were super helpful in giving some behind the scenes ideas for new travelers. We found the tide pools perfectly because of Rico's off beat directions. We loved waking up to a beautiful ocean view and falling asleep to the sounds of the waves. All in all, great vacation! Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert48, Owner at The Palms at Pelican Cove, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
It was such a pleasure having you stay here with us. We always try our best to help our guests have the best possible get away. And while our staff take pride in being professionals, they enjoy spending time with guests who appreciate them for what they do. And the relationships that develop, even if only for a short time, can add so much to that magical vacation. Thank you for your wonderful comments and the nice review.
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place is the true island getaway that you see on TV and read about in the magazines. We flew into St Croix for a 10 day business trip but also got to spend time relaxing at the Palms. While we were on the island, we got to try the Renaissance and stayed at the Buccaneer as well. The Renaissance was overpriced, far away from everything, and not very fun. The Buccaneer was also overpriced and while it had a nice beach, the rooms were a 10 minute hike away from the water.

Of the 3 resorts we tried while on the island, the Palms was definitely the best. Free rum in the room when you arrive sets the tone for the whole relaxing stay. The super friendly front desk staff had us checked in quickly and signed us up for the day and night snorkel as well. The snorkeling was amazing. Better than the Great Barrier Reef, and literally 50 feet off the beach. Many of the rooms opened directly on to the beach which was just the perfect Caribbean beach.

The bar and restaurant are also great. Fairly priced for a resort.

Chuck the owner took us night snorkeling which was the highlight of our adventure on the island. We saw squid, octopus, and eels. So cool! Definitely would stay here again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Room 19 is the top floor and offers amazing views and lots of space...definitely recommend it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Palms is a beautiful and relaxing oasis on St. Croix. Every single staff member treated my daughters and I like family. They went above and beyond in every way that they could. Julie, Rush, Mama G, Arthur, Raisa, Erickson, Jakeem, Louis, Tim, Trish, Rico and Pat (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone and I apologize!) made our stay perfect. There is NOT ONE thing I could complain about. Caribbean NIght was a lot of fun with the Moko Jumbies, live entertainment and dancing. Staff members even danced with the guests! All of the food was delicious: breakfast, lunch, dinner and the bar menu!

Hope to get back there at the end of August 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The title sums up my entire experience at the Palms at Pelican Cove! My room was very clean and I was welcomed with a vase of fresh beautiful flowers; not to mention the view that directly faces the ocean was absolutely gorgeous! The atmosphere of the entire resort was amicable and inviting. The diversity of families, businessmen and women, couples, and those who were single only contributed to the richness of the experience. Every staff member I came into contact with, from Julie Printy (the GM) to Ms. Pam (front desk), I was treated with kindness, respect, and warmth. The nightly festivities captured the cultural of the island and truly transcended my every expectation! There is a sense of unity that encompasses the entire resort that made me feel instantly welcomed and comfortable. The food was incredible and the service was unparalleled! I would recommend this resort to anyone who needed to rejuvenate, revitalize, or just have fun!! I was offered morning exercise classes and day/night snorkeling activities. This trip was PRICELESS!! The staff at the Palms did everything in their power to make my stay exactly what I imagined, and I will FOREVER be grateful!! Thank you all and I will most definitely see you soon!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Day one: picked up from airport from silent driver but clean van. Trip from airport, about 20min. Seen to immediately at hotel. Golf cart to room w/Lewis, a jack of all trades. Friendly, informative and encouraged us to leave the resort, and go down the street to the Chocolate BBQ restaurant. (Never made it)
Reserved rooftop suite. Not a luxurious room, but spacious, clean, room 19 . Very satisfactory. Has kitchenette. Did experience problem with in room wifi. Call to front desk had person at room before we went to dinner.
At Mahogany Bar, met bartender Eric.. Friendly , customer oriented. He even came back to pick me up and take me to a Zumba class he was attending!
Be prepared for resort prices for your meals. Try the numerous favors of the local rum, Cruzan.
Day2: wanted to have a local paper delivered to my husband every morning to have with his morning coffee, but could not get that satisfactorily arranged. Front desk arranged for taxi to pick us up to take us to the local grocery store, Food Town, expect prices to be doubled anything stateside. But, the taxi was the most disgusting vehicle I have ever had the misfortune to be in, dirty, ragged linoleum as the floor covering. I felt the need for bath when we returned to the room. Enough said! Cost $12. He did wait for us. According to person at front desk, this resort will only arrange for you to go snorkeling. Any other excursions, you need to arrange for yourself. Www.gotostcroix.com or local call.
Day3: went into Christiansted. Not a thing happening, it is low season after all, and quite a few of the shops are closed. Taxi, $10 each way.
If you are a walker or a runner, there are nice wide, long stretches of uninterrupted streets in this neighborhood. No sidewalks though, and a few stray dogs. I carried a big stick.
Day 5: wifi went out late in day, but no one was available to fix it until Monday. Internet connection in room was inconsistent .
Day 6: Sunday brunch is not a buffet as you would expect stateside. Just a different menu that mixes the breakfast and dinner items.
Day7: toured the island with Andre, thru Sweeney tours ::
Caribbean nite at the hotel was pleasant and fun. Dinner was a true buffet. $25pp for hotel guest. This is a weekly event and the locals show up in droves. Entertainment included the stilt walkers, fire dancers, line dancing and limbo on the beach..

Due to a weather system off the coast , it rained briefly, but several times a day. Very windy. The beach is not pristine, the seaweed is allowed to accumulate, so you will see a long line of black parallel to the beach. It is also a turtle nesting/ ecological area . But there are enough clear areas for the swimmers and sun bathers.
As long as you are not looking for luxury and are somewhat self sufficient, I readily recommend this resort.
All in all, we had a pleasant, relaxing trip. Tell Mama G, (the housekeeper for our room) hello !

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert48, Owner at The Palms at Pelican Cove, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I am glad you had a good stay with us and that you found the staff helpful and accommodating. I will tell Mama G hello for you. Sorry but I have no idea what happenned with your not being able to get a morning paper and not being able to book excursions at the front desk. We absolutely do that and would have been happy to do it for you. We visited with the front desk on this but did not find anyone who knew what happened here. So they were all reminded again that as a guest you are No. 1 at our resort and are there to be looked after. It would be helpful to us if you remember the name of the dirty taxi so we can have a word with the driver. Unfortunately, the internet does go down more often than we would like, but we do our best to keep it going. As you noted, the beach sometimes gets seaweed washed up and we try and keep it reasonably clean. It is a sea turtle nesting beach and this is nesting season so we have to do all raking by hand. We absolutely respect that it is their beach too. Thank you for the nice review.

Been to The Palms at Pelican Cove? Share your experiences!