We believe an extra day to take in the luxurious pool and beachfront would have been exquisite. Since Chuck, the owner of the Palms graciously spent time mapping out the entire island for a driving tour for us, we spent a lot time in our jeep traversing the rain forest and coastal roads and dining at his suggested sites. We would have enjoyed more time snorkeling as well. You must meet and get snorkeling lessons from Mitch whose patience and personality are unmatched. Chuck and Mitch not only instruct and take people snorkeling along the reef during the daytime, but also at night when the octopus can be seen. All the employees are friendly and helpful, and we really enjoyed Trish, one of the bartenders. If you choose to dine in, the meals and selections are great, and you can expect some kind of activity or entertainment most nights.
The open-air verandas throughout the lobby, bar, restaurant, and pool are attractive and cozy. The landscaped grounds are beautiful and our room and service was nice, and we especially enjoyed our first floor porch just steps from the beach.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.