Being able to go to St. Croix is always a wonderful experience, but the staff at The Pelican Bay made it an AMAZING experience. A lot of reviews nail the perks like the great rooms and hotel restaurant, but also points out the only negative which would be the very unfriendly beach directly in front of the resort. The beach problem is alleviated with a short 5 minute walk up the beach toward Christiansted. Our most favorite Cruzan staff member, Mitch, took the time on his day off to teach us how to snorkel and then gave us an 1.5 hour guided snorkeling tour. He also gives a guided tour of the surrounding area. I could never say enough about Mitch, he is just an all around amazing guy and my wife and I think of him as a very good friend. At the hotel bar, Trish and Dave, always went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our drinks and food. Even one of the security guards, Eddie, was always so helpful. Everyone there calls you by your first name and is always so appreciative that you stayed at The Palms. When we were there they had just had a transition in restaurant management. The service and food was excellent. We loved how the staff would take the time to sit with us and get to know us.
Even though I have never stayed anywhere else in St. Croix, I could never imagine staying anywhere else truly because of the staff. Thanks for making our stay incredibly memorable
Eric and Amanda Hudgins
Stayed late December 2012
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.