I travel with a group of 8 usually around the world for work. We’re a touring band called Mountain Heart based in Nashville, TN. We’ve performed in the Caribbean many times over the years including a half dozen trips to St. Croix. After playing venues like the Island Center, The Buccaneer, Carambola, and many more, I can say that we’ve seen a lot of the island. We’ve all met lots of new friends, tried some amazing food, and stayed in luxurious places like The Buccaneer. That said, I’m returning from another week on St. Croix after staying for 7 nights at The Palms At Pelican Cove. There were four of us on this trip and we stayed in a newly renovated suite that could’ve slept more than we had in our party. The balcony view was to die for, the room service kept our room neat and provided tons of towels and even washed our dishes, the beaches were the best I’ve found at any resort so far on island, and the food (I seriously tried EVERYTHING on their menu) is incredible. We had coffee with breakfast and cocktails at night only 15 yards from the crystal blue water. The owner Chuck Fischer, even took us out night snorkeling which we’d never even heard of. He offered this free of charge just because he loves to do it. We got up close and personal and handled octopus, sea urchins, and saw squid and lobsters and we got pictures of it all burned to a DVD for us before we left. His son took us out the next day for another snorkel adventure that led us to tracking down rays and tons of fish. The entertainment was awesome and the guests were all considerate, classy people.
Our group actually performed by the pool which is right on the beach on 3/09/13 for their Saturday night concert. We pulled in a huge crowd with the help of The Palm’s promotional team! Everyone had a blast and we can’t thank Julie, Chuck Fischer and family, and the entire staff enough for all of their help, work, and hospitality. This place is classy and the perfect getaway spot for couples, families, or even co-workers. I forgot to mention that the security is pretty tight so you feel very safe at The Palms unlike other places we’ve been to on island. I can’t recommend The Palms At Pelican Cove enough if you’re coming to St. Croix.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.