“You won't be dissapointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms at Pelican Cove

and 1 more site!
You added The Palms at Pelican Cove to your Saves list
The Palms at Pelican Cove
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4126 La Grande Princesse, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Christiansted
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“You won't be dissapointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during the last weekend of September and we could not have been happier. We opted to stay here because my wife's close friends were getting married at the resort, what a great choice. From the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out the staff was excellent. They attended to our every need and want. The grounds were very well maintained and the beach was very clean. Two helpful tips, enjoy swimming in the breathtaking ocean and snorkeling with Mitch is a must. Our bartender Rico made the best drinks on the island and was welcoming to everyone at a busy bar. The room was more than enough for my wife and I and the view was amazing. If you're considering a trip to St. Croix, please do yourself a favor and stay at The Palms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at a couple places when I came to St Croix and the customer service at the Palms was above and beyond! The owner took us out personally for snorkeling right behind the resort that had some amazing reefs and wildlife. The entire staff was friendly and always asking if I needed anything. The place was very clean and the AC was great, which is hard to find on an island resort. Food was excellent! Overall I couldn't have asked for anymore and I will be coming back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently visited the palms for a close friends wedding. There were 14 in our party and we were treated very well. Chuck, the owner, just sat down next to us by the pool, gave us helpful hints about the island and offered to take our group snorkeling that day. We took him up on that offer and we had a blast. The atmosphere, food, rooms and staff make the Palms the best vacation experience I have ever had. I cannot say enough about how pleasant, and helpful the staff is, not just when you ask but they go out of their way to find you and make sure you are taken care of. Mitch is awesome and helpful, Mama G is a sweet spirited housekeeper and Rico is one of the best bartenders around. Dawn is simply a delight to sit and visit with. We had several people in our party who lost items and the next day the front desk would have it. I left a pile of jewelry by the pool and the next day it was at the front desk. These are honest hardworking people who make you feel safe and at home.Traveling around via taxi is your best bet if you don't rent a car and the Palms can set you up with Maurice who was cheaper than most taxi's. He was happy to take us anywhere we wanted to go and we ran around alot. Usually one time visit in enough for me in an island far away but I will certainly be back to visit St. Croix and all it has to offer and I will certianly stay at the Palms on my return visit!

Room Tip: We saw many rooms since there were so many in our group, we were in #10. Comfortable bed great ocean...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albert48, Owner at The Palms at Pelican Cove, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. I can assure you that our staff had as wonderful a time visiting with all the great people in your party as it sounds like all of you had staying here. Everyone came down here to relax and enjoy each others company and I could certainly tell that success on that front was had by all. I will make sure that I pass along all of your gracious comments to our staff; they will be thrilled that they made such a big difference in your stay. We look forward to you returning again and again.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at Palms from 1-7 October and I had one of the best experiences ever! I needed a getaway from the crazy NYC and a quiet and peaceful time. After having read through some of the reviews I finally decided to do my first ever solo travelling to the palms at Pelican Cove and I wasn't disappointed!! October was rather slow at Palms ( so I was told) and very quiet but it was the perfect time for me and the right place/resort that I was looking for! I had the entire beach just for myself!:) What a beautiful beach and a breathtaking view right from the balcony of my room!
All the staff there were very friendly and helpful. Mitch is an amazing person!! He took time to teach me snorkeling and took me out to my first awesome snorkeling experience right on the beach! I saw many different fish (sting ray, barracuda and lionfish). The next day, he took me on a hiking tour ( though I was the only one who signed up for it, he didn't even cancel the trip! what a professional!!!) On the tour, I tasted different kind of fruits grown on the island and met the islanders. Mitch also explained to me the history of the island and took as many pictures of my hiking and snorkeling experiences which he gave me the pics in a CD.
The restaurant was closed for renovation most of the days and service at the bar sometimes spotty (my only 'unpleasant' experience, in particular getting food, as I didn't want to leave the resort looking for restaurants nearby). The front desk suggested one close resort right next to Palms (Hibiscus) for lunch and dinner which I tried a couple of times but the food wasn't that great and the price expensive! Luckily, the restaurant at Palms reopened on Friday and I enjoyed all the food I had there.
Overall,my experience at Palms was fabulous! I strongly recommend the place, particularly during October if you are desperately looking for a quiet and peaceful place, individually or as a group!
I can't wait till October comes to visit Palms again!
DG, NYC

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay! We chose The Palms after reading the great recommendations on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. We had a picturesque view of the ocean from our room, delicious food in the outdoor restaurant, and amazing service from the welcoming staff. Thanks, especially to Mitch who offered complimentary snorkeling lessons. I learned to snorkel at age 62 and loved it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Romeoville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palms mid September and it was absolutely the friendliest and most fabulous vacation ever. Our room was awesome, staff was awesome and we could not ask for a better location. I would recommend everyone looking for a place to stay on the island to check in to the Palms. You will not be disappointed.

Flower Mound, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our thanks go to the The Palms at Pelican Cove.. We had a wonderful vacation there. Spent almost two weeks there and got to know our hosts. We have to say that Mitch, their "everything guy" was exceptional. He was quirky, friendly, knowledgeable and above all a really good guy. He took us night snorkeling (awesome) along with Chuck the owner, and took us daytime snorkeling a few times. He also took us on a walking tour of the area. We met Miss Rita who shared her yard and fruit with us. A true Cruzian woman. Mitch also gave us his # and helped us when we were lost:) a few times. Mitch also suggested many places to go and see and directions to get there. The end of Sept. and beginning of Oct. is the best time to go. We felt like we had beaches to ourselves. The rest of the staff were equally friendly and so helpful. We fell in love with all of them..the rooms were nice and Mama G did a good job of cleaning up after us. Thank you for making this an awesome place to stay and our St. Croix vacation special. You do need to get a car if you are there for any length of time!! Again many many thanks to Mitch, Shiela. Rico, Pat , Mama G. and the the rest of the staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It is always fun to be able to pass along wonderful comments such as yours to our staff. As you noted, they are exceptionally hardworking and proud of the contribution that they make towards the resort. They also well recognize that you are the most important person here. And when they make you happy, they are happy. It's because of guests like you that they love what they do. St. Croix is a special place, and we are so glad that you were able to pick up the true flavor of the island. We much look forward to seeing you again on a return visit.

Been to The Palms at Pelican Cove? Share your experiences!